Jump to content

Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member
codizzle

Samurai Throat Guard

Recommended Posts

I had an email early Wednesday confirming shipping

 

Your order has been shipped and is on its way.
This order has a tracking number so you can follow its progress. Thanks for shopping with us. See you soon!
Order No. 10101 Placed on Mar 31, 2019
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member

Got the same thing yesterday. It is just in my wife's email since the PayPal account is linked to her email. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mine were in my mailbox today. Now I need to figure out which masks to try them on. #firstworldproblems

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, blue32 said:

Mine were in my mailbox today. Now I need to figure out which masks to try them on. #firstworldproblems

Now I wish I was home. And I dont have that problem! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anybody sent anything to Maskit lately? Their site isn’t working and I want to send my Nike in to have the throat guard chopped so I can add my Samurai TG.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, JDavis225 said:

Has anybody sent anything to Maskit lately? Their site isn’t working and I want to send my Nike in to have the throat guard chopped so I can add my Samurai TG.

I did a month or two ago. You van contact Tony on Facebook if you want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BT_Blue said:

I did a month or two ago. You van contact Tony on Facebook if you want.

What is he listed as on FB? I can’t find him under Maskit Sports or any combination thereof. Thanks for any help y’all might be able to lend!

edit: NM I found him.

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Chris Hickman said:

I think those are mine. According to the tracking numbers, mine have been in LA for a few days. Probably working through customs or something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/8/2019 at 10:04 PM, blue32 said:

What is he listed as on FB? I can’t find him under Maskit Sports or any combination thereof. Thanks for any help y’all might be able to lend!

edit: NM I found him.

 

 

 

 

He currently has my Force3. Hoping to get a shipping confirmation of it coming back to me soon. College season is winding down and I want to be able to use it. He has a new order form, but I don't know how to get it. I used the old one from his site. Price went up a bit...but the work he gets done is always good.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, slo8140 said:

He currently has my Force3. Hoping to get a shipping confirmation of it coming back to me soon. College season is winding down and I want to be able to use it. He has a new order form, but I don't know how to get it. I used the old one from his site. Price went up a bit...but the work he gets done is always good.

 

Messenger was a blessing on this point. Since it seems to be difficult to get a hold of Tony, being able to contact him through DM was a blessing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Zett next to the Samurai Shovel, and the Shovel installed on my Nike.  I felt like the straps were too tight, so I reversed them so it hangs a little lower.  Just take the screw out of the end it comes in and insert it into the other end.

 

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_110f.jpg

hB7LoZXGSH25wq68sRrytA_thumb_110e.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, grayhawk said:

The Zett next to the Samurai Shovel, and the Shovel installed on my Nike.  I felt like the straps were too tight, so I reversed them so it hangs a little lower.  Just take the screw out of the end it comes in and insert it into the other end.

 

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_110f.jpg

hB7LoZXGSH25wq68sRrytA_thumb_110e.jpg

Chop it, chop it, chop it 

  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, tpatience said:

Chop it, chop it, chop it 

What is the advantage to chopping it?  Seems unnecessary to me.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, grayhawk said:

What is the advantage to chopping it?  Seems unnecessary to me.

I think the throat guard works better without the chin guard. I can show you mine one of these days   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, tpatience said:

I think the throat guard works better without the chin guard. I can show you mine one of these days   

I know the chin guard on the Nike is fairly straight rather than angled, so perhaps the shovel would push the mask up when looking down.  I haven't used the Nike yet, but unless that becomes a problem, I'm not sure I want to have it chopped and chop its value with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, grayhawk said:

I know the chin guard on the Nike is fairly straight rather than angled, so perhaps the shovel would push the mask up when looking down.  I haven't used the Nike yet, but unless that becomes a problem, I'm not sure I want to have it chopped and chop its value with it.

This is the precise reason why I chopped one and left one. I think the larger throat guards like the Spyder, Zett, Shovel, Samurai, etc swing and fit better with the chopped chin guard.

If I decide to only keep one Nike. It will be the chopped on.

On a personal note... the one guy that has been wanting one for years (hey... that's me!). Has his Samurai throat guard sitting somewhere in LA (I'm betting US Customs) for the last 4 or 5 days! Its brutal seeing everyone with theirs. And I have no clue when I will get mine!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BT_Blue said:

This is the precise reason why I chopped one and left one. I think the larger throat guards like the Spyder, Zett, Shovel, Samurai, etc swing and fit better with the chopped chin guard.

If I decide to only keep one Nike. It will be the chopped on.

On a personal note... the one guy that has been wanting one for years (hey... that's me!). Has his Samurai throat guard sitting somewhere in LA (I'm betting US Customs) for the last 4 or 5 days! Its brutal seeing everyone with theirs. And I have no clue when I will get mine!

Right there with you. Mine’s been sitting in New York for 3 days now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My second one hasnt even left So's shop. It was ordered 3 days after the first one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BT_Blue said:

My second one hasnt even left So's shop. It was ordered 3 days after the first one.

USPS tried to deliver mine to my house today but nobody was home, so they're holding it hostage until someone can pick it up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Stk004 said:

USPS tried to deliver mine to my house today but nobody was home, so they're holding it hostage until someone can pick it up. 

Same with me. I had a day to beat myself up for not being here during the attempted delivery. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a Diamond (black with black Wilson memory foam pads) that I had "chopped" and added a Zett guard. It is now my go to mask and by far the most comfortable setup of anything else I've tried. It's my "poor man's" Mizuno setup. I'd be interested to try the Samurai guard. Maybe give me an excuse to chop another mask (or even better land a Mizuno frame...).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×