Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member
Aging_Arbiter

..but wait! there's more!......SWMBO that is

Folks, I just checked back and I've been posting about SWMBO on here since 2013. 

Recently, I had invited over one of my new "adult" umpires.  I had some older pants (that I don't fit in anymore) that fit him, a shirt and a pair of leg guards.  As we are walking out, he asks "what do I owe you for this"? I just kind of shrug my shoulders and think for a split second, and there it is.......that voice from the next room.  If you get it out of this house, you can HAVE it! Little did I know, there was a method to her madness.

Well, without fail, she continues to surprise me.  Last evening I had finished packing & repacking my gear bags (Yes, I have a complete back up bag).  Since SWMBO was going to the fields, prepping for the season (she now runs the concessions for our 7 fields) I told her that I'd be loading my truck and giving the spare bedroom back to her for the summer.  After I quickly reminded her that she purchased most of that STUFF, she offered to help me load it into the truck. She was excited to get one of the rooms back so.  She made some back handed comment about me using 2 closets for my umpire pants/shirts/jackets.  When I asked her to speak up, she said "Never mind...I get it".  High school shirts/jackets/pants in one closet, Little League & AAABA jackets/shirts/pants in the other.  I said that I could get rid a set of the shirts, but that meant I would be doing fewer games, and AT HOME more frequently. 

Odd, she offered to take my newest shirt to the cleaners to get my numbers sewn on.  I'm not always good with subtleties. Was that a hint?

She doesn't sew, but can cook & craft her @$$ off. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member
1 hour ago, Aging_Arbiter said:

Folks, I just checked back and I've been posting about SWMBO on here since 2013. 

Recently, I had invited over one of my new "adult" umpires.  I had some older pants (that I don't fit in anymore) that fit him, a shirt and a pair of leg guards.  As we are walking out, he asks "what do I owe you for this"? I just kind of shrug my shoulders and think for a split second, and there it is.......that voice from the next room.  If you get it out of this house, you can HAVE it! Little did I know, there was a method to her madness.

Well, without fail, she continues to surprise me.  Last evening I had finished packing & repacking my gear bags (Yes, I have a complete back up bag).  Since SWMBO was going to the fields, prepping for the season (she now runs the concessions for our 7 fields) I told her that I'd be loading my truck and giving the spare bedroom back to her for the summer.  After I quickly reminded her that she purchased most of that STUFF, she offered to help me load it into the truck. She was excited to get one of the rooms back so.  She made some back handed comment about me using 2 closets for my umpire pants/shirts/jackets.  When I asked her to speak up, she said "Never mind...I get it".  High school shirts/jackets/pants in one closet, Little League & AAABA jackets/shirts/pants in the other.  I said that I could get rid a set of the shirts, but that meant I would be doing fewer games, and AT HOME more frequently. 

Odd, she offered to take my newest shirt to the cleaners to get my numbers sewn on.  I'm not always good with subtleties. Was that a hint?

She's a keeper.  And, if like mine, she'll keep reminding you. lol

9 hours ago, Aging_Arbiter said:

She sounds like my wife! She did all the crafty stuff for every holiday and event since we have been together! Hell! When she was a teenager, she threw together a "wedding" for two of her dogs that could rival any wedding you have seen!

And if you go to my Facebook page, you will see all the craft holiday photo stuff she has single-handedly done with the kids. @umpstu knows of what I speak. 

• Thanks 1

Shoot, she's the @MadMax of anything I leave laying around.  She "acquired" one of my old front disc rotors that I replaced on the Harley, to a clock mechanism (just the back piece where you put the battery & set the time, rand it through a CD that she glued to the back of the rotor and then put the hands of the clock on the front side.  Now I have a front rotor clock in the garage.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Aging_Arbiter said:

IMG953126.thumb.jpg.477c8761ad9d8f7b91efd01732fbcd08.jpg

This will be on the front door as of 4/13

I have one of these that goes up in July for Father's Day.

Mine isnt as much a "find stuff and make something" crafty. She does more of the "for holiday" craft stuff.

An example is this. She made the kissing stand last year for my son. Then re did it for my daughter.

She will do stuff like this for every holiday. Plus any artwork or artsy stuff in the house is all her. She is really quite good!

tinybeans2824433999141353532.jpeg