Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member
Sign in to follow this  
Ace869

Recommendations

Ok I am looking for gear recommendations for a throat guard to add to my force3 hockey style mask and an equipment bag?

Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member

You'll hear a lot of opinions on this one.   I like the Spyder throat guards from Japan - made by Kubota Slugger now.  You can find them on Rakuten (see link 1 below) or sometimes someone will sell on here. I know F3 has a prototype they're coming up with - we've seen pics on this site, but nothing definite yet.  I've seen some use the All Star mag throat guard on the F3 trad mask and they seem okay, but not sure about on the helmet.

For the equipment bags, several recommend the Motherlode (sp?) from eBags (link 2 below).  I know Diamond and F3 bags are also popular and the new Wilson one is growing in followers as well.  Personally, I use an oversized rolling duffel bag I got at an auction. I don't air travel to umpire, so space isn't a problem for me.

Use what you like and what you can afford.  The rest is just opinion.

1. https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/kz-i/item/10001391/
  2. https://www.ebags.com/product/ebags/mother-lode-tls-junior-25-wheeled-duffel/125548?sourceid=ADWNBB&couponid=31516070&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIw9zXxOaB4QIV24WzCh20WwkrEAAYASAAEgJYX_D_BwE

• Thanks 1

In regards to the bag, I still have and use my bag that used to be from Jim Evans Acadamy, and got it back in 2007.  Still in fairy decent shape, so much so that when SWMBO suggested that I get a new one, I ordered the F3 (updated version of my old bag).  Sturdy as heck and has traveled a lot.  The only thing "wrong" with my original (and this is 12 years later) is that one of the zipper pull tabs broke off.  Zipper still functional, so I ran a zip tie through the hole and have a new pull tab.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Aging_Arbiter said:

In regards to the bag, I still have and use my bag that used to be from Jim Evans Acadamy, and got it back in 2007.  Still in fairy decent shape, so much so that when SWMBO suggested that I get a new one, I ordered the F3 (updated version of my old bag).  Sturdy as heck and has traveled a lot.  The only thing "wrong" with my original (and this is 12 years later) is that one of the zipper pull tabs broke off.  Zipper still functional, so I ran a zip tie through the hole and have a new pull tab.

The F3 conforms to air travel standards.