+POS Zro-G now $69.95

wolfe_man
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 1796 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

12 hours ago, BCBrad said:

I have ordered four times from them to Canada. Got them all. Last one was about 1-2 months ago, and the order had not even been processed for a month on my account then out of the blue, got a shipping notice. Got it about 1-2 weeks later. About average for me when buying gear from the States. 

Everything was there. I know I have to be patient when ordering, and I have never been stiffed.

This goes for me also, but I'm in the States (Ohio).  I've never had to wait more than 2 weeks though.  3 orders in the last year or so.

1 hour ago, wolfe_man said:

This goes for me also, but I'm in the States (Ohio).  I've never had to wait more than 2 weeks though.  3 orders in the last year or so.

Maybe next time I lose my senses and decide to order from them I will have you do it for me and then send it to me.  It would have been well worth the extra shipping charge to avoid chasing him for 2 months and a half hour on the phone  with the credit card company.  ;)

• Like 1

For those that might want a +POS mask... I think this is one on CL (St Louis) for only $20 + shipping of course.  It needs a new powder-coat, but might be worth your time. The ear struts are throwing me off somewhat, but that chin guard definitely appears to be a +POS.

IMG_0786.jpg

IMG_0797.PNG

Ordered a ZRO G frame on April 18th.  Followed @MadMax suggestion to email first.  Payed with PayPal and waited.  And waited. Found a phone number for Dan and sent him a text.  He answered saying he would ship the next day.  Next day turned into 2 1/2 weeks of phone calls,  texts,  and calls to @MadMax to see if he could help.  Finally got a call from Dan around 5pm one night saying he shipped and was including the pads and a harness at no charge because of the wait.  Got it the next day.  Wish it could've gotten to me sooner but still pleased that it arrived.  

FWIW Dan told me he was discontinuing the frame only option. 

26 minutes ago, wwsodeputy said:

FWIW Dan told me he was discontinuing the frame only option terrible service and selling the company.

Fixed it for you.  It's time he ends everyone's suffering.  Sell the company to someone who cares.

• Like 2

On 5/1/2019 at 5:23 AM, wolfe_man said:

For those that might want a +POS mask... I think this is one on CL (St Louis) for only $20 + shipping of course.  It needs a new powder-coat, but might be worth your time. The ear struts are throwing me off somewhat, but that chin guard definitely appears to be a +POS.

IMG_0786.jpg

IMG_0797.PNG

Does anyone else think this is a Nike steel? 

6 minutes ago, Stk004 said:

Does anyone else think this is a Nike steel? 

I questioned +POS other than chinguard, but I didn't think Nike Steel.  Ears are different than +POS normally though - unless this goes back a ways to early days of this model.   It's crimped so hollow steel.

On 5/1/2019 at 5:23 AM, wolfe_man said:

The ear struts are throwing me off somewhat, but that chin guard definitely appears to be a +POS.

That’s a ZRO-G... likely of a vintage before he introduced the Charcoal one. My guess is that’s a silver one that’s been worn or sanded down to “basecoat”. 

10 hours ago, wolfe_man said:

Sell the company to someone who cares.

Better... sell the planforms for the masks (ZRO-G and the MAG, if he still has it) and the CPs (the Cobra especially) to one of us so they’re not buried by an acquiring / buy-out company.

• Like 3

On 5/8/2019 at 10:53 PM, MadMax said:

Better... sell the planforms for the masks (ZRO-G and the MAG, if he still has it) and the CPs (the Cobra especially) to one of us so they’re not buried by an acquiring / buy-out company.

I vote for @Razzer and Umplife!

• Like 1

Update: I just emailed Dan and +POS last week, and requested 2 ZRO-G masks. He no longer has the frames individually, so I paid the slight extra and got 2 complete masks. They just arrived this morning. Total turnaround took a week.

It is very important to email him ahead of time, or contact him through Facebook.

I’ll be using my Icon and FM4000 this summer, but it’s good to know I’ll have a new, “intact” ZRO-G when I return to Phoenix.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, MadMax said:

Update: I just emailed Dan and +POS last week, and requested 2 ZRO-G masks. He no longer has the frames individually, so I paid the slight extra and got 2 complete masks. They just arrived this morning. Total turnaround took a week.

It is very important to email him ahead of time, or contact him through Facebook.

I’ll be using my Icon and FM4000 this summer, but it’s good to know I’ll have a new, “intact” ZRO-G when I return to Phoenix.

So, if you had to choose just one mask between the FM4000 steel and the ZRO-G which would you pick?

19 minutes ago, Rock Bottom said:

So, if you had to choose just one mask between the FM4000 steel and the ZRO-G which would you pick?

An Icon in Titanal. :wacko:

Ugh... That's a really, really tough choice for me! I actually asked / suggested to Dan Parsons to fabricate the ZRO-G's planform in aluminum or Titanal! I like it that much! When you use common pads on a FM4000, it's a weird feeling, because the mask is so close to your face. But when you get the new A-LUC pads, with that increased standoff distance and the force distributor plate, the mask feels... well... "perfect". Then, when you recognize that the I-Bar construction and just the shape of the FM4000 lends itself very well to resist bending on balls that would otherwise cave in a ZRO-G... 

Woo. Tough choice.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MadMax said:

Then, when you recognize that the I-Bar construction and just the shape of the FM4000 lends itself very well to resist bending on balls that would otherwise cave in a ZRO-G... 

Thanks @MadMax! That answers it for my purposes.

19 hours ago, MadMax said:

But when you get the new A-LUC pads, with that increased standoff distance and the force distributor plate, the mask feels... well... "perfect". Then, when you recognize that the I-Bar construction and just the shape of the FM4000 lends itself very well to resist bending on balls that would otherwise cave in a ZRO-G...

@MadMaxI called All Star about the A-LUC pads and they acted like I was crazy.  They tried to sell me the regular LUC pads (FM25 LUC), then a fake leather pad (FM25 LMX), then finally a leather pad for a helmet (MVP Forehead).  How can I get more info on the A-LUC pads and where can I get them?

Also - do you have Dan's e-mail?  I'd like to get a ZRO-G as a back up to my 4000 Mag (which is chipping the black paint).  Is it still daniel@pluspos.com?  He's not responding to text messages.

1 hour ago, AL-Ump said:

I called All Star about the A-LUC pads and they acted like I was crazy.

I'm the only one that calls them A-LUC's... short for Advanced LUC's (I have no idea what LUC stands for... @Thunderheads ???)... which is the only way I can describe them. If you call them again and request the "FM4000 Magnesium specific" pads, that might get you in the right lane.

For the summer, I'm taking this Icon (I think it's a hollow steel one, albeit stronger than Nike- branded hollow steel Icons), my Sky Blue ZRO-G frame (swapping the black TWs and tan TWs between them), and the FM4000 with A-LUCs. I'm leaving my trusted grey ZRO-G's here. If I manage to get an Icon Titanal this summer (or an actual Nike Icon Titanium *cough!*), then that would end my need of the ZRO-G's.

Here's the Email that Dan did business with me from/with: plusposusa @ gmail . com (obviously, take the spaces away)

Edited by MadMax
Needed to edit the mailing address so bots don't spam him
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, MadMax said:

(I have no idea what LUC stands for... @Thunderheads ???

I've seen some sales sites say it means Lightweight Ultra-Cool, but I have no idea if that's accurate. Haven't found that on the All-Star official website.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, AL-Ump said:

I'd like to get a ZRO-G as a back up to my 4000 Mag (which is chipping the black paint).

So, the black mag paint chips? For some reason I was thinking that was the die molded color. Is it still worth getting the black, or is another mag color better at not chipping? (Or at least not showing the chips.)

On 5/17/2019 at 11:52 AM, AL-Ump said:

my 4000 Mag (which is chipping the black paint)

That's news on me... I was under the impression that it was dyed during the Injection Mold process.

14 hours ago, MadMax said:

That's news on me... I was under the impression that it was dyed during the Injection Mold process.

Not sure.....maybe it is dyed during the molding process and then touched up with paint afterwards.  I have this spot on the front of the mask and several on the bottom of the throat guard.  I've been in contact with All Star and they've asked to see my mask.  I'll probably send it to them this week.

IMG_3696.JPG

On 5/17/2019 at 4:00 PM, MadMax said:

I'm the only one that calls them A-LUC's... short for Advanced LUC's (I have no idea what LUC stands for... @Thunderheads ???)... which is the only way I can describe them. If you call them again and request the "FM4000 Magnesium specific" pads, that might get you in the right lane.

For the summer, I'm taking this Icon (I think it's a hollow steel one, albeit stronger than Nike- branded hollow steel Icons), my Sky Blue ZRO-G frame (swapping the black TWs and tan TWs between them), and the FM4000 with A-LUCs. I'm leaving my trusted grey ZRO-G's here. If I manage to get an Icon Titanal this summer (or an actual Nike Icon Titanium *cough!*), then that would end my need of the ZRO-G's.

Here's the Email that Dan did business with me from/with: plusposusa @ gmail . com (obviously, take the spaces away)

I have no idea what it means but what @Rock Bottom said makes sense, Lightweight Ultra Cool ........   When asking about those LUC pads, just reference the LUC MAG pads ....they'll understand that! :nod: 

• Like 1

Alright... according to the receipt from All-Star...

Item: PFM4000MAG ... Description: Lightweight UltraCool Mesh Pads for FM4000Mag Masks ... Size: GPH

• Like 1