Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member

Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member

We had some start yesterday afternoon, today supposed to be 50*, I hope it all melts as I didn't clean anything up

On 2/20/2019 at 8:55 AM, Aging_Arbiter said:

Heading home early today to fire up the snow blower..............

11am.thumb.jpg.9f64c153523bb254c94fd4b68979fce2.jpg

No snow here but plenty of rain.  2 games rained out this week.

Just got my first paid games assigned. Varsity double-header on Monday. Working the bases both games, with the same partner. :confused:

18 minutes ago, yawetag said:

Just got my first paid games assigned. Varsity double-header on Monday. Working the bases both games, with the same partner. :confused:

I'm guessing they are expecting you to switch. I've had it out here with the same set up. And it's just to much of a pain in the ass to go in and change it.

44 minutes ago, BT_Blue said:

I'm guessing they are expecting you to switch. I've had it out here with the same set up. And it's just to much of a pain in the ass to go in and change it.

I'm sure, too. This is also the first organization that actually assigns us positions. My old one just assigned everyone as "Umpire" and we figured it out.

I'll be emailing the assignor to make sure this wasn't on purpose. Can't see that it was, but I'll ask him before I ask my partner if he wants to switch.

19 hours ago, yawetag said:

I'm sure, too. This is also the first organization that actually assigns us positions. My old one just assigned everyone as "Umpire" and we figured it out.

I'll be emailing the assignor to make sure this wasn't on purpose. Can't see that it was, but I'll ask him before I ask my partner if he wants to switch.

All the associations I worked for in California assigned positions. As did the college and high school unit here in Portland. My current group in Vancouver does not. And I find it confusing! Lol

Heard back from the assignor. Unless he purposely gives you different positions, he doesn't care what we work. There are times, though, that he puts you in specific places (maybe wants the stronger umpire on the plate for a specific game, or if you're working both games of a double header with different partners, you get to work the bases for both).

Interesting.

The new assignor here now is putting Umpire #1 and Umpire #2. Was hoping it was position assignments. But it isnt. Just the first and second umpires picked for the game.

assigner – a person who assigns, allots or apportions.

assignor – a person who legally transfers to another some property or right.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Ump29 said:

assigner – a person who assigns, allots or apportions.

assignor – a person who legally transfers to another some property or right.

Did @Majordave put you up to this, Webster???

Somewhere between 5" & 6" of snowfall overnight......and me with a scrimmage in 10 days. 

Aging_Arbiter: I see  your 5"-6" and raise you 10FT?:rollinglaugh: