Snow Day

Aging_Arbiter
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 1864 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

18 minutes ago, yawetag said:

Just got my first paid games assigned. Varsity double-header on Monday. Working the bases both games, with the same partner. :confused:

I'm guessing they are expecting you to switch. I've had it out here with the same set up. And it's just to much of a pain in the ass to go in and change it.

44 minutes ago, BT_Blue said:

I'm guessing they are expecting you to switch. I've had it out here with the same set up. And it's just to much of a pain in the ass to go in and change it.

I'm sure, too. This is also the first organization that actually assigns us positions. My old one just assigned everyone as "Umpire" and we figured it out.

I'll be emailing the assignor to make sure this wasn't on purpose. Can't see that it was, but I'll ask him before I ask my partner if he wants to switch.

19 hours ago, yawetag said:

I'm sure, too. This is also the first organization that actually assigns us positions. My old one just assigned everyone as "Umpire" and we figured it out.

I'll be emailing the assignor to make sure this wasn't on purpose. Can't see that it was, but I'll ask him before I ask my partner if he wants to switch.

All the associations I worked for in California assigned positions. As did the college and high school unit here in Portland. My current group in Vancouver does not. And I find it confusing! Lol

Heard back from the assignor. Unless he purposely gives you different positions, he doesn't care what we work. There are times, though, that he puts you in specific places (maybe wants the stronger umpire on the plate for a specific game, or if you're working both games of a double header with different partners, you get to work the bases for both).

• 2 weeks later...