catsbackr

First games of the year!

I finally got on the field today!

I took a photo as I was leaving home:

tempimage.jpg

Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member
30 minutes ago, yawetag said:

How many layers did you wear for that?

Where I live is right on the edge of a cold front right now, and the game was a couple of hours south. It was actually 50 during the game. Hard to get in the right mindset, though, when everything around you is freezing and snowy.

I can understand that.

Had double-headers on Monday and Tuesday. For both, I worked the first game with short sleeves and the second with a jacket (Tuesday's with a long-sleeve under the jacket). That's to be expected, though. 50 start with 7 leaving? That's rough, especially in deciding what to wear.

1 minute ago, yawetag said:

I can understand that.

Had double-headers on Monday and Tuesday. For both, I worked the first game with short sleeves and the second with a jacket (Tuesday's with a long-sleeve under the jacket). That's to be expected, though. 50 start with 7 leaving? That's rough, especially in deciding what to wear.

AccuWeather app to the rescue. At the same time it was 7 at my house, it was 37 at the ball field (and several hours to go). It was great actually getting onto the field again, especially without it being so ridiculously cold.

11 hours ago, kylehutson said:

I finally got on the field today!

I took a photo as I was leaving home:

tempimage.jpg

3 hours ago, yawetag said:

How many layers did you wear for that?

I would guess... ALL OF THEM!

18 minutes ago, Aging_Arbiter said:

.........and here I thought @kylehutson was excited because he had 3/4 of a tank of gas.

Nah. In my little hybrid, that's hardly worth noticing. :-)

Was supposed to have my first this afternoon, but got 14" of snow yesterday. Oh well!

7 minutes ago, GerryB said:

Was supposed to have my first this afternoon, but got 14" of snow yesterday. Oh well!

Just use a yellow ball.

Three 3 inning scrimmages last Saturday. First real game, due to my work schedule, is Saturday morning for 2.

• Like 1

I'm 4 games in here in Seattle. Had to scrape the frost off my windshield before heading home last Saturday.  The turf was green but the grass outfield was kinda just gray.

First HS games (JV of course) of my career have been a ton of fun.  Way more civilized than select ball.