Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member
kylejt

Why not list the price of your stuff?

I purposely never respond to "best offer" or "PM me". Just put a price on your gear. 

(someone help me down from my soapbox, my knees hurt)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member
17 minutes ago, wolfe_man said:

LOL

You don't like competing in blind auctions? :stir:fuel:

That's all it is... Someone who doesn't know how much something is worth and doesn't want to lowball themselves. It becomes an auction. 

5 hours ago, JSam21 said:

That's all it is... Someone who doesn't know how much something is worth and doesn't want to lowball themselves. It becomes an auction. 

Not necessarily. It's a "supply and demand, market bearing" world in many things. What's a WV XL Gold with TW Retro fit (worn 3 times) in MINT condition worth? Or Honig's ORIGINAL PS1 & PS2 Plate & Base Charcoal Gray pants size 44 W , approx. 33 1/3 L with addition hem inside. All  Professionally Dry Cleaned and Professionally hemmed?  NEW Majestic Convertible Jackets?  NEW Wilson wrap around Doe Skin mask pads?

It's all subjective :-)

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, SJA said:

Not necessarily. It's a "supply and demand, market bearing" world in many things. What's a WV XL Gold with TW Retro fit (worn 3 times) in MINT condition worth? Or Honig's ORIGINAL PS1 & PS2 Plate & Base Charcoal Gray pants size 44 W , approx. 33 1/3 L with addition hem inside. All  Professionally Dry Cleaned and Professionally hemmed?  NEW Majestic Convertible Jackets?  NEW Wilson wrap around Doe Skin mask pads?

You forgot about the MLB cap.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, yawetag said:

True, I did!. . . I had 2 given to me, but they wouldn't be for sale anyway :-)

1 hour ago, SJA said:

$475 with an updated harness. 

$54 each

$61, depending on the size and version

$44

See, that was easy

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, yawetag said:

Depends on the size of the convertible jackets... :D

On 1/25/2019 at 2:38 PM, kylejt said:

I purposely never respond to "best offer" or "PM me". Just put a price on your gear. 

Same here!

On 1/25/2019 at 11:38 AM, kylejt said:

2 hours ago, JaxRolo said:

Same here!

Or when someone asks "what is the lowest you can go?" as their first question. Especially when you already list a price.:jerkit:

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, BT_Blue said:

Or when someone asks "what is the lowest you can go?" as their first question. Especially when you already list a price.:jerkit:

Now, this I don't mind.  It never hurts to ask and you may get a better price. Most people mark their prices up to see if they can get more, so why not ask if you can pay less? 

I come from an old auction/flea market type family so I ask.  I've learned over the years, the worst they can say is "no".  It has saved me a few bucks over the years and at times made things I couldn't afford more affordable.

3 minutes ago, wolfe_man said:

Now, this I don't mind.  It never hurts to ask and you may get a better price. Most people mark their prices up to see if they can get more, so why not ask if you can pay less? 

I come from an old auction/flea market type family so I ask.  I've learned over the years, the worst they can say is "no".  It has saved me a few bucks over the years and at times made things I couldn't afford more affordable.

Then counter with a price. Don't blindly ask how low they'll go.

3 minutes ago, yawetag said:

Doesn't that defeat the purpose?

Depending on the situation, I may offer a price.  But it all depends.

I think what this post seems to be trying to do is to get everyone to think/act like we do.  You can't govern morality and you will never get everyone to think/act like you want.  That used to be something we celebrated in this country - freedom to do what one thought was best within the bounds of morality and legality.  Anymore, we want robots.

Please don't take me wrong here. I do not like the posts without prices either.  However, I simply choose to ignore them unless I'm truly interested in the gear.  I chose to join this discussion however as I found it interesting.

1 minute ago, yawetag said:

Agreed. The last time I had this happen was selling a full Nike rig. Yes I over priced it (though I didnt know it). But come at me with a price. Even if its beyond low-ball. At least least let's start SOMEWHERE.

1 minute ago, BT_Blue said:

Agreed. The last time I had this happen was selling a full Nike rig. Yes I over priced it (though I didnt know it). But come at me with a price. Even if its beyond low-ball. At least least let's start SOMEWHERE.

But some are afraid to offer as they don't want to offend or be accused of low-balling. 

What we have here is a difference in philosophy.  Each has a right to their opinion on this. I'm just of a different opinion than some it appears.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, wolfe_man said:

But some are afraid to offer as they don't want to offend or be accused of low-balling. 

What we have here is a difference in philosophy.  Each has a right to their opinion on this. I'm just of a different opinion than some it appears.

Makes sense. Personally I would prefer that someone come at me with a price. Which is what happened in my situation. I had to respond back with "what are you looking to pay for it?" and then working the negotiations from there.

Like you said Keith. Just a personal preference. 

• Like 2