Jump to content

Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member
lawump

BOO Power Point

Recommended Posts

Does anyone have a power point presentation on the NFHS batting out of order rule that they would be willing to share?  (So that I don't have to spend hours creating my own.)  I am giving a presentation on the rule this Sunday afternoon.

If you have one and are willing to share, can you send me a private message?  I will give you my email address in order for you to email it.

Thanks in advance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member

Never mind...I just found one on the IHSAA (Illinois) arbiter site.

Thanks!!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, lawump said:

Never mind...I just found one on the IHSAA (Illinois) arbiter site.

Thanks!!!

Do they call it "MYTAB? Your head will spin in some convoluted BOO sits and that acronym helps a little bit, and I mean a little. I had a bunch of facebook umps castigate me for suggesting the acronymn. This is a good one for the group, stolen from facebook: The 4 hole leads off the inning and strikes out. 
The 5&6 spots batted in each other’s place in the lineup and they both singled. The 7 hitter hits a 3 run HR on the first pitch of the AB. Before pitch is thrown to 8, opposing team makes appeal for batting out of order.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jimurray said:

Do they call it "MYTAB? Your head will spin in some convoluted BOO sits and that acronym helps a little bit, and I mean a little. I had a bunch of facebook umps castigate me for suggesting the acronymn. This is a good one for the group, stolen from facebook: The 4 hole leads off the inning and strikes out. 
The 5&6 spots batted in each other’s place in the lineup and they both singled. The 7 hitter hits a 3 run HR on the first pitch of the AB. Before pitch is thrown to 8, opposing team makes appeal for batting out of order.

They'll lose the appeal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, lawump said:

Never mind...I just found one on the IHSAA (Illinois) arbiter site.

Thanks!!!

Is it possible to share the link or is it a limited access site?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, lawump said:

They'll lose the appeal.

I went to bed pondering this situation. The pitch to B7 legitimizes B5's AB, and since B6 is on base, B7 was the legal batter. Correct?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Richvee said:

I went to bed pondering this situation. The pitch to B7 legitimizes B5's AB, and since B6 is on base, B7 was the legal batter. Correct?  

Yes, the only place you can find that in the OBR rulebook is Rule 6.03 (b)(7) Comment, Approved Ruling for play 6. It's also confirmed in MLBUM/MiBUM. I had a similar sit happen in a rec ball game but the offensive coach came out before a pitch to B7 and confessed to BOO and wanted  me to call B6 out so he could bat B7. I told him I couldn't do that without a defensive appeal and he would have to leave B7 at bat. He walked off confused and the defense, remember Rec ball, was clueless and didn't appeal anything during the at bat. Edited to add: Of course, if appealed properly B6 would not be the one called out but I didn't want to extend the conversation with the coach any further.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Richvee said:

I went to bed pondering this situation. The pitch to B7 legitimizes B5's AB, and since B6 is on base, B7 was the legal batter. Correct?  

Yup.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, lawump said:

They'll lose the appeal.

Of course you know it. But are you prepared to have exploding heads in your presentation?

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Jimurray said:

Of course you know it. But are you prepared to have exploding heads in your presentation?

 

Oh GOD, yes.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/18/2019 at 7:23 PM, Jimurray said:

Of course you know it. But are you prepared to have exploding heads in your presentation?

 

 

5 hours ago, lawump said:

Oh GOD, yes.

That's always the best part of BOO presentations! The collective look of "what the hell just happened there!?" on everyone's face!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×