New plate coats by OutWest Officials

tpatience
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 1605 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, JDavis225 said:

Anybody else gamble and order one of these? I’ve ordered one and am hoping to have it for opening weekend.

Look forward to seeing your review. We have a guy in my association get one. So I'll see it in person soon.

• Like 2

On 12/31/2018 at 8:26 PM, TChildsUMP said:

I ponied up the big bucks 2 years ago from Honigs when they had them readily available seems like they’re no longer marketing them on their website?! Looking forward to hearing your review @JDavis225

Honigs is still making them. You just have to custom order by calling. Then they give you a form your tailor will fill out. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, BT_Blue said:

Came via email as well. Tried to do a quick search for it on their website. That thing STILL sucks!

The Honig's website is a joke.  I visited better sites in the 90's when the web was just starting up.  I can't believe how many times they don't show all of a product, then say another color is available... but you can't order it unless you want to call them!  smh

And I like some of their products, but that $10.95 shipping on anything under $100 kills. :smachhead:

20 minutes ago, wolfe_man said:

The Honig's website is a joke.  I visited better sites in the 90's when the web was just starting up.  I can't believe how many times they don't show all of a product, then say another color is available... but you can't order it unless you want to call them!  smh

And I like some of their products, but that $10.95 shipping on anything under $100 kills. :smachhead:

It's why it was so awesome to have one locally when I lived in SoCal and then again when they had a location in Salem, Oregon. It would be worth to drive to not have to pay shipping and try the stuff on.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TheRockawayKid said:

In this case, I think it's worthless to put it up on the website. Each one is custom made. And they make you get all your measurements before they make them. 

If somebody is looking for a plate coat and goes to the Honig's web site they won't have any idea Honig's sells them if it's not on there.  

4 hours ago, umpstu said:

If somebody is looking for a plate coat and goes to the Honig's web site they won't have any idea Honig's sells them if it's not on there.  

I have to agree with Stu here. An online search would probably reveal both Honigs and Out West. But since Honigs doesnt even listvitvon their site. It could probably be mistaken as "old news."

10 minutes ago, BT_Blue said:

I have to agree with Stu here. An online search would probably reveal both Honigs and Out West. But since Honigs doesnt even listvitvon their site. It could probably be mistaken as "old news."

The link in their email didn't go to a site for the plate coat.