Thoughts on Rayflex mask harness

BT_Blue
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 1934 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

16 hours ago, gnhbua93 said:

I think is called the Ump-Bra.

tenor.gif

20 hours ago, BT_Blue said:

@MadMax, have you given these a run yet?

I got a chance to try one out, as @Razzer did bring a few working prototypes with him to Florida, but I have not been able to use one in a game. I fully endorse all of Ray's products, but I don't necessarily need one of these, as the $12 monochrome (black, or navy) harnesses from +POS and Honig's work just fine for me.

15 minutes ago, spiffdawg7 said:

It is 100% worth it in my opinion.  The extra money is less than 1/4 of a game fee and it is much better quality. I had a problem with getting my Force 3 mask to sit right with it having to be worn tight, and this harness makes it so much better.  

I know the F3 mask version is supposedly WAY better than the stock.  I've heard numerous umpires who agree on this.

What about for other masks other than F3?  What are your thoughts? First-hand feedback is appreciated.

Thanks!

2 minutes ago, wolfe_man said:

I know the F3 mask version is supposedly WAY better than the stock.  I've heard numerous umpires who agree on this.

What about for other masks other than F3?  What are your thoughts? First-hand feedback is appreciated.

Thanks!

I have only worn the Rayflex harness on the F3 mask.  Since I started wearing the F3 mask about 2 years ago, I haven't worn any other masks.  I have had the Rayflex for about 1 year and it is much better than the original F3 harness.  Sorry I can't compare how it does on other masks. 

• Thanks 1

MiLB guys like it, many not using the F3 mask

It will be in MLB next season with lots of interest....they are always the last to know...lol

It is a mask harness just different materials that work better and have more comfort with neoprene and elastic...no more poly webbing

• Like 2

Honestly, my main problem is that neither of the Nikes will be my main rig. I plan to give equal time depending on how I feel that day.

So it isnt like I can just buy one and put it on the main attraction! So that means I buy either two or none! Decisions decisions!!!

9 hours ago, Razzer said:

MiLB guys like it, many not using the F3 mask

It will be in MLB next season with lots of interest....they are always the last to know...lol

It is a mask harness just different materials that work better and have more comfort with neoprene and elastic...no more poly webbing

There is a saying, that a picture is worth more than a thousand words, just saying. Not inb the interest of create any controversy.

On 12/11/2018 at 3:01 PM, spiffdawg7 said:

I have only worn the Rayflex harness on the F3 mask.  Since I started wearing the F3 mask about 2 years ago, I haven't worn any other masks.  I have had the Rayflex for about 1 year and it is much better than the original F3 harness.  Sorry I can't compare how it does on other masks. 

In what ways is it better than the stock harness? I have an F3v2 and find the stock harness totally acceptable.

10 hours ago, MikeSafari said:

In what ways is it better than the stock harness? I have an F3v2 and find the stock harness totally acceptable.

I believe Ray was making the point that it is more comfortable.  Some of us hate the poly webbing because it is stiff and hard on the top and side of your head - or maybe because the side support straps of poly have a tendency to "bubble up" or turn a bit on you and then make it fit uncomfortably.   Ray uses neoprene which will offer a better fit and feel against your head.  In short, it offers an improved mask fit and will feel better/more comfortable while you wear it.

Full disclosure:  I haven't used Ray's harness, but I understand and support his styling.  It makes sense, I just don't have the $28.... yet.  I am sure that I'll end up with at least one eventually.

And here's his picture of it from the PDF file on his FB page.

image.png.16177a13d8b3bd937bd2622a55011840.png

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, MikeSafari said:

It has a little bit of stretch or give to it.  This helps to make it easier to put the mask on and take it off.  With the Force 3 stock harness I felt like I would put the mask on and then have to adjust it every once in a while  and there is no adjustment needed with this harness.  It goes on correctly every time.  It is hard to quantify exactly how much better it is, but I love it and think it is worth the extra money.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Chris Hickman said:

I have one.  I like it.  $28 bucks.....it is machine sewed my Ray himself.  Quality is great.  Give it a try.....

That's it... I'm not going to get it since he doesnt hand sew it. He obviously doesn't care. Lol

But seriously... still torn on then damn thing!

12 hours ago, BT_Blue said:

That's it... I'm not going to get it since he doesnt hand sew it. He obviously doesn't care. Lol

But seriously... still torn on then damn thing!

Arik, quit pulling our leg and just do it!  You and we all know that you want one and will order one, so just get it done already.  Worst case scenario, you don't like it and can give it to me. :fuel:

6 hours ago, wolfe_man said:

Arik, quit pulling our leg and just do it!  You and we all know that you want one and will order one, so just get it done already.  Worst case scenario, you don't like it and can give it to me. :fuel:

I know! I am trying to convince myself not to. And if I dont want it, you can have it at cost.

• Haha 1