Shin Guards with Mid-Cut Plates

ATXBlue
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 1175 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

3 hours ago, Richvee said:

Not an issue. As a mater of fact I've never even thought about it, or noticed how the shins sit next to the shoe. Get the force 3's. 

Agreed.  Just get the right length.  In this case, too long is not better.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ATXBlue said:

I am worried the ankle padding extending past the top of the shoe. Any thoughts?

I fully endorse my colleagues’ feedback ( @Richvee, @BT_Blue, @boyinr ) on this, and let me add...

Unlike the Wilson Golds, Platinums, and Douglas shinguards, ankle wings on the Force3 Ultimates are soft. Yes, soft. Now, before that worries you, the ankle wing is comprised of a rigid half-sphere dome, backed by Kevlar. So with the midtop plateshoe, you get the benefit of overlapping protection without the Frankenstein-esque rigidity the other “premium” guards result in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/18/2018 at 9:20 PM, MadMax said:

I fully endorse my colleagues’ feedback ( @Richvee, @BT_Blue, @boyinr ) on this, and let me add...

Unlike the Wilson Golds, Platinums, and Douglas shinguards, ankle wings on the Force3 Ultimates are soft. Yes, soft. Now, before that worries you, the ankle wing is comprised of a rigid half-sphere dome, backed by Kevlar. So with the midtop plateshoe, you get the benefit of overlapping protection without the Frankenstein-esque rigidity the other “premium” guards result in.

F3 make a great shin pad for sure and I wear them. I have been taken many a good shot and the occasional bouncer. If I were to change anything on the F3 SP it would be adding an outer plastic ankle guard like the Wilson or Douglas. It would be the best shin pad never made...lol

1 hour ago, Razzer said:

F3 make a great shin pad for sure and I wear them. I have been taken many a good shot and the occasional bouncer. If I were to change anything on the F3 SP it would be adding an outer plastic ankle guard like the Wilson or Douglas. It would be the best shin pad ever made even better...lol

FIFY:wink:

On 11/21/2018 at 1:59 AM, BT_Blue said:

Let's not forget that, in umpire gear lore, this is the ACTUAL name for this piece of mythical equipment!

with 2 sets of Wilson shin guards in my garage, my pair and my dads who doesn't umpire much anymore, I am so tempted to make my own. However, as a college student, money is usually tight. I, unfortunately, do not have the funds to make the best shin guard never made. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LineyNinja said:

with 2 sets of Wilson shin guards in my garage, my pair and my dads who doesn't umpire much anymore, I am so tempted to make my own. However, as a college student, money is usually tight. I, unfortunately, do not have the funds to make the best shin guard never made. 

@Razzer already has the prototype mocked up drawing. So he did that work for you. Now you just need a pair of Force3 shins you would be willing to destroy along with a pair of Wilson Pro Elite shins.

• 2 years later...