New ump in Austin

ATXBlue
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 1887 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Hello from Austin, TX....One high school season under my belt at the JV/Fresh level, full time gig had me out of the game for the summer/fall but getting back in it this spring. 

Looking forward to being a part of this community.

• Like 2

On 11/20/2018 at 3:41 AM, grk17 said:

Welcome! I've always wanted to take a road trip down to the Austin area. I've heard it's one of the faster-growing areas of the country at the moment.

That's correct, Dallas and Austin are two of the fastest growing areas in the country and will remain so for the near future!

On 11/20/2018 at 3:41 AM, grk17 said:

Welcome! I've always wanted to take a road trip down to the Austin area. I've heard it's one of the faster-growing areas of the country at the moment.

You are not wrong on that one, it is growing like crazy. Wish we could find umpires at a fraction of the rate. 

10 hours ago, BlueRanger said:

@ATXBlue

Welcome! There's a couple of other Texas guys besides myself that get more active in the spring. Make sure to spam the crap out of everyone here! It's a fantastic resource on everything from gear to rules to the best camp in your area.

Don't be a stranger!

-BR

Thanks! Looking forward to it. Saw your post on the new TASO uniform policy, hoping the Austin chapter starts to phase the new shirts in. 

• 1 month later...