Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member
Guest BigVic

Bunt to Chop Swing

Question

Guest BigVic

A batter may come to a bunting stance, then go back to a batting stance and take a full swing.

However, may a batter come to a bunting stance and instead of "tapping" the ball, take a half swing while in the bunting stance?

I see in the little league rules under Rule 2.00 Definition of terms a Bunt is ...tapped slowly.  Later in the in the TEE BALL note it says a "half swing" is not allowed.  This reference is for TEE BALL only.

So my question is that a half swing is not "tapping" the ball, this means that it is not allowed and the batter will be called back and given a strike?

Thanks,

On 11/15/2018 at 10:10 PM, Jimurray said:

That doesn’t prevent F5 from getting a broken nose. It just punishes the batter for doing it and hopefully not getting F5’s nose. Seems you should have a “come to Jesus” meeting with the coaches. :)

Unfortunately, the laser system that will instantly disintegrate any baseball illegally hit is prohibitively expensive.

Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member
17 hours ago, kylehutson said:

Unfortunately, the laser system that will instantly disintegrate any partner is prohibitively expensive and illegal.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 1:57 PM, Richvee said:

We used delayed dead ball. On the off chance batter hits into a DP. Don’t want to take that away from the defense. 

I considered that...but decided it was more about preventing the practice than punishing.

In two years we have not had to invoke the rule.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.