2018 UEFL Award for Fill-In Umpire - Jeremie Rehak

Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 1977 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Jeremie Rehak wins UEFL's 2018 Fill-In Umpire of the Year Award [2017 Winner: Stu Scheurwater]. Voting Results (Top 3): Rehak (26.2%), Nic Lentz (24.1%), Ryan Blakney/Chris Segal (12.1%). Award Winner: Jeremie Rehak (35).Jeremie Rehak is the Umpire Ejection Fantasy League's 2018 Fill-In Umpire of...

[[ This is a content summary only. Visit my website for full links, other content, and more! ]]

View the full article

I voted for Segal, because I liked his ejection of Crawford over a correct called third strike, and because he got other calls right, especially those involved with ejections. I also believe that he should be hired by MLB as one of the full-time umpires. I'd love to be a #3 or #4 on Chris' crew. 

• Like 2

I got a chance to meet and hang with him and the rest of the crew this summer. We also got to watch him work 1B in a game that night.

He is a very nice guy, and is really on the ball. He is going to be one of the really good ones in MLB.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, maineump said:

I got a chance to meet and hang with him and the rest of the crew this summer. We also got to watch him work 1B in a game that night.

He is a very nice guy, and is really on the ball. He is going to be one of the really good ones in MLB.

Wiki says there is no AAA baseball in Maine. Maybe back in the dark ages with Cory Snyder or something. So, was Rehak recuperating from a concussion with an AA assignment in Portland. I'm confused.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 5:36 PM, dumbdumb said:

Wiki says there is no AAA baseball in Maine. Maybe back in the dark ages with Cory Snyder or something. So, was Rehak recuperating from a concussion with an AA assignment in Portland. I'm confused.

No, I met him and the rest of the MLB crew working the Mets/Phillies game for the LLWS/MLB classic.

Chris Guccione (HP), Jeremie Rehak (1B), Mark Ripperger (2B), Gerry Davis (3B)

IMG953808.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/6/2018 at 12:04 PM, ilyazhito said:

I voted for Segal, because I liked his ejection of Crawford over a correct called third strike, and because he got other calls right, especially those involved with ejections. I also believe that he should be hired by MLB as one of the full-time umpires. I'd love to be a #3 or #4 on Chris' crew. 

I’m a big fan of Chris. Enjoy watching him work.  Got to meet him a few times at clinics and hang with him a bit the night before the clinic. Great guy. He’s been doing the fill in role a while now. He’s got to be close to the top of the list for full time.