Jump to content

Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member
JDavis225

Visor in Nike Ti

Recommended Posts

What type of visor fits in a Nike Ti? Also, what method do you guys use to black them out as I know they're usually silver when purchased.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member
1 hour ago, BT_Blue said:

Black it out? Why not just buy a darker visor?

They offer darker ones? I guess I need to look more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JDavis225 said:

They offer darker ones? I guess I need to look more.

Yeh. I believe they come in two or three colors. There is a grey, a brownish color, and a "rainbow" type color.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, catsbackr said:

More for looks?  That's my guess.

The visor itself is for looks. Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, BT_Blue said:

Second question... why would you paint it?

Yes it's definitely for looks. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, JDavis225 said:

Yes it's definitely for looks. 

So do spray paint on the inside or outside of the visor?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If any of you fellow gear junkies are wondering where I and my comments are on this... 

I'm over here, sitting in the corner, rubbing my temples and humming "take me out to the ballgame..."

And yes, @JDavis225, most of the visors are just simple brown or grey. The visors from Markwort are available in what they call Silver, which is mirrored, and then the lens color is dark grey, while the other option is what they call Rainbow, which is mirrored again, but the lens color is very blue.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The sun visor keeps the sun off the bill of your hat, thus keeping you a bit cooler. Some may wave this off is silly, but I've switched masks during a game, when the sun was at my 11 o'clock, and felt the difference.

If some want to paint it, as it might be bit distracting to those in the field. so what? I mean, most are quite shiny. Now, will that counteract some of the cooling qualities? Perhaps.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, kylejt said:

Now, will that counteract some of the cooling qualities? Perhaps.

I would imagine it would increase the shading? But I dont know since I haven't done it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, BT_Blue said:

I would imagine it would increase the shading? But I dont know since I haven't done it.

I've done it... not a lot of difference other than it is definitely darker.   A normal visor allows light through it, but a painted one does not.  Therefore, I would assume it is cooler somewhat, but it is most definitely better in terms of blocking out more light.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, wolfe_man said:

I've done it... not a lot of difference other than it is definitely darker.   A normal visor allows light through it, but a painted one does not.  Therefore, I would assume it is cooler somewhat, but it is most definitely better in terms of blocking out more light.

Do you need to sand it and what type of paint are you using? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, best practice for polycarbonates...

First, flip it over and remove the two screws holding the lens to the bracket. Remove the bracket and keep til later. Then, with just the lens, you can place it in a bowl of mineral spirits, and then wet-sand off the glazing (mirror finish). Do this a couple times, but especially do it once before spray painting it. Use "plastic fusion" spray paint for best results. Once completed and dried, reattach bracket.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, kylejt said:

The sun visor keeps the sun off the bill of your hat, thus keeping you a bit cooler. Some may wave this off is silly, but I've switched masks during a game, when the sun was at my 11 o'clock, and felt the difference.

If some want to paint it, as it might be bit distracting to those in the field. so what? I mean, most are quite shiny. Now, will that counteract some of the cooling qualities? Perhaps.

I agree with the heat angle, and I also think it helps with rain. A couple weeks ago I had a rain game, and I kept getting a ton of it gathering and falling off my bill. I couldn't figure it out, hadn't had that problem in a while. Then I realized I was using my "new" backup mask, which doesn't have a visor (yet).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I were going to paint it, to totally block the sun, I'd paint the underside. That way if I eff it up, and it looks bad, nobody but me and the bill of my hats would know. 

In fact, that's a genius idea, as there's no need for any light to go through them. Another thing to do next weekend, before I pack my gear for the "winter" ( l live in San Diego ). 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×