Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member
Gil

2018 World Series Umpire Crew and Roster

MLB's 2018 #WorldSeries umpire roster features Ted Barrett as crew chief for the Dodgers-Red Sox fall classic along with six additional umpires selected from the AL and NL Division Series crews this postseason. The Replay Official for the LCS and World Series serves in MLBAM's New York-based...

[[ This is a content summary only. Visit my website for full links, other content, and more! ]]

View the full article

Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member

Big fan of Ted Barrett. Glad to see he earned a CC slot.

This is a really good crew. Culbreth is doing a fine job as is Reynolds.

Hopefully the MLB Network produces another "Third Team" special. It's been four years (I think) since the last one.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, conbo61 said:

Hopefully the MLB Network produces another "Third Team" special. It's been four years (I think) since the last one.

Yup. 2014. The year my Giants won their third title in five years.

1 hour ago, BT_Blue said:

Yup. 2014. The year my Giants won their third title in five years.

My brother, to this day, has not seen Pablo Sandoval catch the pop fly to end the series... Stormed out of the room as soon as the ball was hit.

At least we got the championship the next year!... And it looks like it could be another 30 years till we do it again.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Biscuit said:

My brother, to this day, has not seen Pablo Sandoval catch the pop fly to end the series... Stormed out of the room as soon as the ball was hit.

Every time I see that clip and he falls to his back right as he catches the ball, my heart is in my throat! Even though I know he catches it.

This is the first World Series I am not excited about since before 2010. Obviously I have to root against the Dodgers. But I feel all "Crying Game" having to root for the Red Sox.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BT_Blue said:

Every time I see that clip and he falls to his back right as he catches the ball, my heart is in my throat! Even though I know he catches it.

This is the first World Series I am not excited about since before 2010. Obviously I have to root against the Dodgers. But I feel all "Crying Game" having to root for the Red Sox.

I’m ambivalent about the Sox, but the dodgers have two of my least favorite players in Puig and Machado (not helped by his... questionable plays on the bases this post season), so go Sox I guess. I was really hoping that the brewers, AKA the Royals of last year, would make it. I agree that it’s a super boring matchup.

• Like 2

I wouldn't go as far as saying it will be "super boring." Boston is beyond explosive. And LA has some incredible young talent. I wish Seager could have been there as that guy is a perennial all star in the making.

I too wanted Milwaukee. Heck... I wanted to see the first ever match up of two teams that used to be in the other league... Houston v. Milwaukee! 

25 minutes ago, BT_Blue said:

I wouldn't go as far as saying it will be "super boring." Boston is beyond explosive. And LA has some incredible young talent. I wish Seager could have been there as that guy is a perennial all star in the making.

I too wanted Milwaukee. Heck... I wanted to see the first ever match up of two teams that used to be in the other league... Houston v. Milwaukee! 

But you got 2 famous teams that last met in 1916, although the Dodgers were in New York. This was when Babe Ruth was known for his pitching prowess and before the worst trade ever in baseball. And his pitching teammate Ernie Shore won 2 games in that WS and was traded with Ruth. Shore also pitched the perfect regular season game, where Ruth was tossed after walking the first batter, and Shore came in. Shore picked off the runner and then retired the next 26 batters. 

Shore won games 1 and 5 in the 5 game series and Ruth won game 2 in which he pitched all 14 innings.

Fred (Bonehead) Merkle and Casey Stengel played for Brooklyn.

And if I remember correctly, they played the series at the stadium that housed the Boston Braves because they felt Fenway didnt hold enough people.