Stretching Routines

JSam21
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 1938 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

On 9/13/2018 at 7:30 AM, Rich Ives said:

See a trainer. Following a routine published here by a person with unknown training and certification could prove dangerous.

On that note... I'm sure we have someone with experience on this page. Anyone know if we have a personal trainer or something like that among our ranks?

• 2 months later...

Minor League Baseball actually has a stretching matrix they developed. They taught it to us when I was at pro school. It's a program specifically designed for umpires. I use parts of it everytime I umpire or play softball and I really believe in it. It's helped me with flexibility, movement, and recovery. I can't stress enough the importance of stretching before any exercise. Any type of stretching is beneficial.

Perhaps you could reach out to the Umpire Training Academy for more information.