Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member
BlueMagic

Trying out for College

Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member

Don't suck? And I would suggest making some phone calls to those who matter prior to just showing up at a tryout. 

Letting someone know who you are and perhaps having others who will vouch for your abilities on and off the field will be very beneficial to your prospects rather than just walking in off the street.

5 minutes ago, Kevin_K said:

Don't suck? And I would suggest making some phone calls to those who matter prior to just showing up at a tryout. 

Letting someone know who you are and perhaps having others who will vouch for your abilities on and off the field will be very beneficial to your prospects rather than just walking in off the street.

Thanks, Kevin!

35 minutes ago, BlueMagic said:

What are the biggest things they look for?

I PM'd you an example / resource of who "they" are...

• Like 1

My advice? Work your game. Don't try to do anything different than what you normally do. If they give you a tip in your evaluation, then change that. But don't try to change your strike zone. If it is a conference that runs 3-man, learn your 3-man mechanics before you go to the camp. Hustle everywhere you go. Make absolutely sure that your uniforms are in shape and if they are not, order new ones now. Make sure your shoes are clean and polished and your hats are clean. 

10 minutes ago, JSam21 said:

My advice? Work your game. Don't try to do anything different than what you normally do. If they give you a tip in your evaluation, then change that. But don't try to change your strike zone. If it is a conference that runs 3-man, learn your 3-man mechanics before you go to the camp. Hustle everywhere you go. Make absolutely sure that your uniforms are in shape and if they are not, order new ones now. Make sure your shoes are clean and polished and your hats are clean. 

Thanks, JSam21.  I have the uniform part covered.  I will at least look the part!

27 minutes ago, BlueMagic said:

Atlanta

I thought that might be the case since we just had the meeting on Sunday.  I sent you a pm.  I have been in the group for 2 years.  Good luck and don't suck.  It is a great group to be a part of.  

• Like 1

On 9/11/2018 at 6:48 AM, spiffdawg7 said:

I thought that might be the case since we just had the meeting on Sunday.  I sent you a pm.  I have been in the group for 2 years.  Good luck and don't suck.  It is a great group to be a part of.  

Is this UCU or a different group?

You would have to excuse my ignorance in the matter. I'm on the west coast and to me, it feels like UCU has the entire eastern seaboard covered.