Catch or No Catch - Frazier Pulls a Fast One

stkjock
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2048 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Exactly the kind of thing he would have learned in his youth.

1 hour ago, Mudisfun said:

hey... as an old coach once told me:

"If you're not cheating, your not trying."

Personally, he loses a lot of points in my book if he knowingly cheated.

1 hour ago, beerguy55 said:

Nope.   The only "evidence" is what is shown in that video....and a helluva lot of inference from Gelbs.   Sounds like a desperate attempt at attention whoring by Gelbs.

Not someone in the media!:o

3 hours ago, beerguy55 said:

Nope.   The only "evidence" is what is shown in that video....and a helluva lot of inference from Gelbs.   Sounds like a desperate attempt at attention whoring by Gelbs.

Or maybe since he travels with the team he and Frazier discussed it.....  ;)

and Gil buys it. 

https://www.closecallsports.com/2018/09/replay-rewind-hollywood-magic-at-dodger.html

12 hours ago, stkjock said:

maybe this is enough?

Yeah, I'd say that clinches it.  

But to Gil's article - there's no way this would have been overturned on replay review - the in game video is not at all conclusive....yeah, it shows two balls, but no video to which ball the fan picked up and which ball Frazier picked up...let alone the video doesn't show Frazier dropping or picking up any ball.   The video just shows that the fan has a ball and Frazier has a ball.

On 9/6/2018 at 9:59 AM, stkjock said:

because they don't show up until the 7th inning 

As a Mets fan, I would think you would understand the concept of traffic! All you need is the #7 train to break down and there goes your fans getting to Citi field on time!

Try sitting on the 110, 5, 2 or any other litany of streets in the LA area and try and get anywhere before 8:30pm!

On 9/7/2018 at 5:10 PM, Mudisfun said:

As a Mets fan, I would think you would understand the concept of traffic! All you need is the #7 train to break down and there goes your fans getting to Citi field on time!

Try sitting on the 110, 5, 2 or any other litany of streets in the LA area and try and get anywhere before 8:30pm!

Clearly you have not been commuting in New York City any time in the past two years or so.