Future Plate Shoes

clasonater
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2051 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

I have milked my 460s to the bitter end.  Its impressive that not one stitch on the outside has broke in years of service.  Anyway, does anybody on here "in the know" know if any companies are coming out with a new plate shoe soon.  Normally, when I get around to purchasing something, the latest and greatest comes out like two weeks later and I am stuck with the previous model until I wear them out.  I don't want that to happen again. 

Somebody please say Reebok

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Richvee said:

Maybe some day, someone will uncover an enormous stash of Magistrates in all sizes! :meditation:

I couldn't believe it when I found a pair in my size in January. Had been searching for three years.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bluedevil771 said:

The new MLB uniform supplier is actually UA, if adidas and UA were smart they’d both consider making some type of apparel for the guys at the majors 

You may want to check your source. Nike took the contract over when UA couldn't deliver. Nike will be taking over in 2020.

Just now, BT_Blue said:

You may want to check your source. Nike took the contract over when UA couldn't deliver. Nike will be taking over in 2020.

My source is UA, the fact that Majestics didn’t come back into play if that’s the case it’s a terrible idea to go with Nike, they’ve shown they really only know Football uniforms, there baseball unis are ok at best

3 minutes ago, Bluedevil771 said:

My source is UA, the fact that Majestics didn’t come back into play if that’s the case it’s a terrible idea to go with Nike, they’ve shown they really only know Football uniforms, there baseball unis are ok at best

How long ago did you hear from them? Because last I heard, Nike had "stolen" the contract. This was maybe two or three months ago.

Tell you what, New Balance sponsors the Area Code Games and the uni's they supply those kids are sharp looking.  And their shoes are incredible, although imo Reebok field magistrate plate shoes are far superior to any others.  I've worn 5 different model shoes and none compare.

• Like 1