Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member
boyinr

Caveat Emptor-A Force3 Story

I was searching online for a new mask and came across a brand new, with tags Force3 Defender V2 mask in silver with tan pads.  Included with the mask was the matching F3 bag.  Not necessarily what I was looking for but, I figured if I could get it for decent "Buy it Now" price I old see what the deal was with the F3.  The seller accepted my offer and I got the mask quickly. I tried it on and figured I would give it a fair try.  It arrived as advertised. New, unworn with tags.  A little heavier but not too bad. Plus if the springs do work, the added weight will be worth it.  The more I looked at it though something wasn't right.  I thought it was my imagination. I set it aside and went back to it the next day.  It then dawned on me. The outer cage was crooked and welded wrong.  The spacing between the cages was off and the chin extension was all jacked up.  I am not sure how this one got out the door past QA or which door it left via.  Either way, the seller was willing to take it back. I imagine it will be relisted. Heads up. 

image.thumb.jpeg.5bc99783bfe812d8441f066d3524e32f.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member
41 minutes ago, clasonater said:

mine was welded correctly, but I cannot get that damn bottom bracket to sit in the middle.  it sits on one side or the other and it bugs me. 

I recently noticed that this happened to mine. Using the photo above, that little silver piece was all the way to one side, meaning the one mask was all the way to one side. Not sure if you’re having the same issue. Couldn’t move it using my hands. I took a small folded up towel, put it over the side of mask, and lightly hammered that part of the mask so the mask would be centered again and that piece would be in he middle. Not sure if it will happen again, but it was a relatively easy fix for me. 

1 hour ago, Thatsnotyou said:

I recently noticed that this happened to mine. Using the photo above, that little silver piece was all the way to one side, meaning the one mask was all the way to one side. Not sure if you’re having the same issue. Couldn’t move it using my hands. I took a small folded up towel, put it over the side of mask, and lightly hammered that part of the mask so the mask would be centered again and that piece would be in he middle. Not sure if it will happen again, but it was a relatively easy fix for me. 

But a fix you shouldn't have had to make.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thatsnotyou said:

Meh. Gear sometimes needs adjustments or fixing. 

Disagree.  Especially not with all that hype and cost.  

4 hours ago, Thunderheads said:

Disagree.  Especially not with all that hype and cost.  

It took me all of 30 seconds to adjust, and that's the first time I had to do it in 2 years. If it wouldn't adjust back easily enough/always moved, that's another issue.

You can buy a 100K car, it's still going to need maintenance and have a part shift or need adjusting.