Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member
UmpireNumbers.com

3" Authentic Umpire Numbers

After years of attempting to purchase authentic umpire numbers from various online stores, I realized that there is no standard for quality or authenticity and decided to start custom cutting and stitching numbers for my own shirts. When I first put the numbers on my shirts I started getting questions about where I got them, so I wanted to make these available to everyone else. I have setup a website (umpirenumbers.com), where you can order any of the three styles that are currently worn by MLB umpires, and I will be working on adding more colors and sizes as it grows. Check it out! I would love to get some feedback from fellow umpires. Thank you!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member

I like your venture, and endorse what you’re doing; however, if you’ve spent...

3 hours ago, UmpireNumbers.com said:

years of attempting to purchase authentic umpire numbers from various online stores, I realized that there is no standard for quality or authenticity...

then you missed Honig’s. In its role as “official” (unadvertised) MLBU outfitter, Honig’s supplied and stitched on all the numbers for MLB Umpires, on all shirts, jackets, and plate coats. You can’t get any more authentic.

I’m welcome to see what you’ve got. I will encourage you to resist the whining, griping requests you probably get ever so often for 4” red numbers – let that arcane practice die in HS navy shirts.

• Like 1

@MadMax,

That’s awesome, thank you! I am happy to get that information about Honigs. I still haven’t seen any site, Honigs included (as they don’t have it listed), that has the white/black/light blue combination for the jackets, especially not in the correct font. Maybe Honigs would take a special order request for them?  

You’re certainly correct about the red. I plan to keep the numbers in the same style as the MLB, so if those Majestic plate pullovers become more widely available I will look at doing the gray back numbers next.

5 hours ago, UmpireNumbers.com said:

I still haven’t seen any site, Honigs included (as they don’t have it listed), that has the white/black/light blue combination for the jackets,

Honig’s does (or did) have the white/black/sky blue numerals for the jackets, they just don’t (or were unable to) make them available through the website because of some exclusive arrangement with MLBU. I bought two of them in person (one potentially for my Majestic convertible, the other potentially for my ThermaBase jacket), but was told that they are for the Big League guys as some “badge of status” (their words).

I’m all for looking the part, so I bought them, but I’ve been reticent about using them: 1) don’t have a Large -sized ThermaBase yet (working in Arizona dissuades this), 2) don’t want to put a number on my Convertible when I may have to use it for college or HS ball, and 3) at the time, I didn’t want someone snidely pooh-poohing me “big-timing it”; now, I don’t care anymore. :cool2: