Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member
Sign in to follow this  
Gil

MLB Ejection 109 - Jerry Meals (3; Rick Renteria)

1B Umpire Jerry Meals ejected White Sox Manager Rick Renteria (Replay Review decision that upheld 2B Umpire Ed Hickox's out call; QOCN) in the top of the 5th inning of the White Sox-Rays game. With one out and one on (R1), White Sox batter Omar Narvaez hit a ground ball to Rays second baseman Joey...

[[ This is a content summary only. Visit my website for full links, other content, and more! ]]

View the full article

Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member
1 hour ago, Gil said:

1B Umpire Jerry Meals ejected White Sox Manager Rick Renteria (Replay Review decision that upheld 2B Umpire Ed Hickox's out call; QOCN) in the top of the 5th inning of the White Sox-Rays game. With one out and one on (R1), White Sox batter Omar Narvaez hit a ground ball to Rays second baseman Joey...

[[ This is a content summary only. Visit my website for full links, other content, and more! ]]

View the full article

A reason not to use that new U2 position. 

10 hours ago, Jimurray said:

A reason not to use that new U2 position. 

Wouldn't this have been like the old American League positioning (outside) that Hickox was originally taught and used for first 10 years and 900 games of his career? A very well respected AL colleague used another position (inside) and had this outcome below. There are tradeoffs to be made under any position used, and even when clearly seen from a proper (by 100% concensus) position, errors in judgment still occur.

29 minutes ago, dumbdumb said:

Wouldn't this have been like the old American League positioning (outside) that Hickox was originally taught and used for first 10 years and 900 games of his career? A very well respected AL colleague used another position (inside) and had this outcome below. There are tradeoffs to be made under any position used, and even when clearly seen from a proper (by 100% concensus) position, errors in judgment still occur.

That miss has nothing to do with what I thought U2 needs to do with a normal DP. I might be mistaken but I thought we wanted to go to the open glove side to call the play at 2B. Hickox actually did move but to the back side of the glove. I wonder what the rationale is for that.