Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member
Go Navy Beat Army

Potential Bucket Alternative?

Would *love* to see data comparisons of the option that Wolf just put up compared to the Concushion wrap around device. 

Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member
19 hours ago, JSam21 said:

I really want to try the Force 3 line of gear. Either the CP or shins will be my next purchase.

Get the shins! I promise you won't regret it.

I like the CP, but I know of others that don't. I don't think I've ever found somebody that didn't love the shins, though.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kylehutson said:

I like the CP, but I know of others that don't. I don't think I've ever found somebody that didn't love the shins, though.

I concur on the shins. Best on the market today!!!

We have a guy that just bough the V3 CP. I was pretty impressed with it.

On 3/15/2019 at 2:46 PM, kylehutson said:

+1!

48 minutes ago, ofhs93 said:

+1!

+2 (did I do that right?)

I pimp these shins to every umpire I talk to. Heck, I might have another convert coming when he finally gets rid of his Guardian shins.

• Like 1

Came across these recently and got me thinking...  very affordable and certainly an increased level of protection for a minimal amount.

image.thumb.png.bea89ab8a28f65c3d6fbc63e2da29bd0.png

• Like 1

VERY intrigued! I see that they can be purchased from Home Depot...there are 2 different models....I'm going to get 1 of each and report back.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wolfe_man said:

I would wear the open part towards the back, personally.

From what I have been able to gather, I believe that is the proper fitting for this bump cap insert.

12 hours ago, wolfe_man said:

I would wear the open part towards the back, personally.

Ahh. It didn't look like to me that it would fit that way leaving the bill facing forward. I'll have to check that out as I bought the UnCap but I haven't had a game to ump yet. Not sure if I like it enough to keep at $60.

I used the UnCap for the first time in a game today and have to say I was very happy.  I didn't take a shot, but it fit well in my hat and was comfortable enough.  You can't even tell when it's in the hat or not (unless maybe you look REALLY closely).  I was going to try and post a couple of pics to show that you couldn't really tell it was even there (unless you were really looking for it), but I guess I hit my pic upload limit.

On 3/15/2019 at 10:43 AM, Rock Bottom said:

I broke down and ordered the UnCap (figured it was less than an emergency room visit and only two co-pays to my primary care doc).  I got a 15% coupon code to use "THANKS15" in case anyone is interested in ordering.  I'll share my review on here when I receive it and use it.  Ended up being $56.95 shipped via regular delivery.

My curiosity is how this would work with us who crease our caps. I love the creased look. If it didn't mess the crease up, I am all over this. Thoughts @MadMax and @BT_Blue

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LineyNinja said:

My curiosity is how this would work with us who crease our caps. I love the creased look. If it didn't mess the crease up, I am all over this. Thoughts @MadMax and @BT_Blue

I'm going to have to defer to Max and others here. I am not close to being familiar with anything more than the hard skull cap. And that is because I wore one when I played. 

Just now, BT_Blue said:

I'm going to have to defer to Max and others here. I am not close to being familiar with anything more than the hard skull cap. And that is because I wore one when I played. 

Fair enough! I was lucky to be one of the last age groups to not be forced to wear the awful HSM as a catcher. I hated that thing when I umpired. I would consider wearing the hard cap like Estabrook and Tumpane do but I want a skull cap that fits like a normal hat. I also need to figure out the logos. I work for a bunch of different associations. Some are more strict than others. I have tried a few of them but want to have the foam around my head completely, not just at the front and back. @MadMax any thoughts

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, LineyNinja said:

I would consider wearing the hard cap like Estabrook and Tumpane do but I want a skull cap that fits like a normal hat.

Is Tumpane wearing one now? I havent had the chance to see him work yet.

Just now, BT_Blue said:

Is Tumpane wearing one now? I havent had the chance to see him work yet.

Thought I saw Joel make a post something to that extent on the UW main page. It was a few weeks ago. I dont think it looks bad. I just think everyone didnt like the hood under it when Estabrook first started wearing it. 

1 hour ago, LineyNinja said:

I wish I could post a pic but I'm at my size limit.  I don't know if it would work well with a crease - it fits into the hat pretty snuggly, which is great as you really can't tell it's there except for it gives the cap a slightly more rounded look.  But it's nice being able to wear a normal cap (I'm wearing my regular size, but they say some go up one size) and have that protection there.  Figure it's less than the cost of a single co-pay visit to the emergency room or two GP visits , so it's worth it.  Plus it makes it more comfortable for me than without it because there is less pressure from the mask on the brim of my cap.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rock Bottom said:

I wish I could post a pic but I'm at my size limit.  I don't know if it would work well with a crease - it fits into the hat pretty snuggly, which is great as you really can't tell it's there except for it gives the cap a slightly more rounded look.  But it's nice being able to wear a normal cap (I'm wearing my regular size, but they say some go up one size) and have that protection there.  Figure it's less than the cost of a single co-pay visit to the emergency room or two GP visits , so it's worth it.  Plus it makes it more comfortable for me than without it because there is less pressure from the mask on the brim of my cap.  

Can you take it in and out of your hat if you use different ones through the season, or does it adhere to the cap - so you would need one for each? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Thatsnotyou said:

Can you take it in and out of your hat if you use different ones through the season, or does it adhere to the cap - so you would need one for each? 

That's a great thing about it;  UnCap Baseball (https://unequal.com/uncap-baseball/) allows you to easily move it from one cap to another, so if you have different colors, patches, etc, it takes all of 30-60 seconds to swap it out from one cap to another.  The only issue is that you might need to stretch your hat a little so it's not too tight - I didn't need to buy a new size, just pulled on it a bunch to loosen it up.  (I did email them and suggested they add to their website on the main page that people may need to go up a size or so - they have that in the FAQs, but I think that should be on the main product page.)  I also wish they had some of the padding go down into sweatband as that would provide even more protection, but I'm guessing that would mess with the fit.  

I haven't taken a shot to the facemask yet, so I can't say how well it will work, but I can say that I do feel more comfortable and protected with it on.  Just a reminder (and I get nothing from Unequal and I'm not associated with them in any way), there's the 15% off coupon code THANKS15, and they do have free shipping on orders over $99 if you're buying more than this, and a 30-day money back guarantee, so other than shipping costs (they don't appear to pay for that like UmpAttire does) there's not much risk trying it out.  

15 hours ago, Rock Bottom said:

That's a great thing about it;  UnCap Baseball (https://unequal.com/uncap-baseball/) allows you to easily move it from one cap to another, so if you have different colors, patches, etc, it takes all of 30-60 seconds to swap it out from one cap to another.  The only issue is that you might need to stretch your hat a little so it's not too tight - I didn't need to buy a new size, just pulled on it a bunch to loosen it up.  (I did email them and suggested they add to their website on the main page that people may need to go up a size or so - they have that in the FAQs, but I think that should be on the main product page.)  I also wish they had some of the padding go down into sweatband as that would provide even more protection, but I'm guessing that would mess with the fit.  

I haven't taken a shot to the facemask yet, so I can't say how well it will work, but I can say that I do feel more comfortable and protected with it on.  Just a reminder (and I get nothing from Unequal and I'm not associated with them in any way), there's the 15% off coupon code THANKS15, and they do have free shipping on orders over $99 if you're buying more than this, and a 30-day money back guarantee, so other than shipping costs (they don't appear to pay for that like UmpAttire does) there's not much risk trying it out.  

Thanks for the feedback. I like the idea of the uncap HDR since it's a bit more subtle (https://unequal.com/uncap-hdr/), but that one appears to adhere to the inside of the cap (but maybe it can go in there without the need to stick it).