Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member
Go Navy Beat Army

Potential Bucket Alternative?

This year was my first year using a bucket, All Star System 7 2500.  While I felt more protected, I didn't really like it.  I felt confined; restricted even.  Every time I took it off, the lower pads would rub my cheeks.  Not a very good feeling.  I didn't have any visibility issues whatsoever.  Writing notes was irritating, because I didn't want my helmet on the ground and refused to sit it on my head like a football player.  I also felt that a belt clip would just be one more item to keep track of.  I like the skull cap idea, and had already started looking at skull cap options to wear with my mask.  Then I saw the Unequal Uncap.  It's pricier than a skull cap, buy may be an option.  I'd have the look of a traditional hat with substantially more protection.  Has anyone tried it?

image.png

Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member

Well....I guess it's something. I have no idea how much actual protection it's giving you, but it beats a cloth ha without the side-eyes you might get from other umpires for a skull cap (which I have no problem with - but you know how people are).

Still won't do a thing for protecting the ear/jaw area

39 minutes ago, scrounge said:

Well....I guess it's something. I have no idea how much actual protection it's giving you, but it beats a cloth ha without the side-eyes you might get from other umpires for a skull cap (which I have no problem with - but you know how people are).

Still won't do a thing for protecting the ear/jaw area

It is actually an insert which you place in your cap.  https://unequal.com/uncap-baseball/

• Thanks 1

Would really be interested to hear about this product

• Like 1