Gerry Davis Poly Spandex

hckyosgood30
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2031 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Gerry hinted to this at Black & Blue last fall.  And here they are boys!  I will be getting my hands on a pair tomorrow and once I get them hemmed and able to test them out I'll give a full report!  But I'm excited to have a much better tailored poly spandex.  Enjoy!

https://www.gerrydavis.com/mm5/category/new/product/B08PTMLB001PL

16 hours ago, sd181612 said:

The one the pros wear!!!!

But, are they worth the extra $40? That's awful pricey for golf pants. I'm going to let someone else do the review comparison. I don't mind spending my hard earned for top of the line, but are these it?

I wonder if they're made in Vietnam, like most other garments made of that type of fabric.

And, I've never been a fan of the expando waist add-ons. They made me look fat(ter) than I'd like. The Smitty fabric has enough of a give for me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kylejt said:

But, are the worth the extra $40? That's awful pricey for golf pants. I'm going to let someone else to the review comparison. I don't mind spending my hard earned for top of the line, but are these it?

I wonder if they're made in Vietnam, like most other garments made of that type of fabric.

And, I've never been a fan of the expando waist add-ons. They made me look fat(ter) than I'd like. The Smitty fabric has enough of a give for me.

Yes, I agree. The price is a bit extreme, even when compared with Honig’s Polywools which tends to be a more expensive material. They look cool, but I think Gerry went a little over his head with the price. I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a special offer soon...if they don’t sell as intended.

31 minutes ago, Chris Hickman said:

made in america.... Kentucky or Ohio

If this indeed true (and I would believe Hickman), then that would – unfortunately – explain the bloated price tag.

Textiles, even something as simple as shirts, are cost prohibitive to produce in the United States, primarily due to labor regulations, OSHA and EPA fees, and a whole host other financial hinderances. Having these pants produced here in the States makes them a bit more attractive, but certainly won’t be able to purchase them in quantity or frequency.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kylejt said:

Gerry should be pimping the fact that they're made in the state. But then again, most of the rest of his line-up is not, so....................

Not any different than Honigs and their old polywools. Everyone knew their stuff was made over seas. But they pumped the hell out of the pants cause they were made my Hardwicks.

12 hours ago, Chris Hickman said:

they are made in Honduras....

Damn, that’s a shame. Then, truly, the USA cannot feasibly support a textiles venture of any kind... and that’s a shame.

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, umpstu said:

Tell us the big difference that would cause us to pay that much more for them?

They are a lighter material than the Smitty, and they fit WAY better in the thigh and knee. Smitty's feel like parachute pants. With the Davis, the look and feel is just way better.

I don't know about being worth the price (at $90) but with the 10% discount that almost every association in the country has, they are good for the money - especially if you work at a level that you are graded on appearance. 

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Mizzou2016 said:

They are a lighter material than the Smitty, and they fit WAY better in the thigh and knee. Smitty's feel like parachute pants. With the Davis, the look and feel is just way better.

I don't know about being worth the price (at $90) but with the 10% discount that almost every association in the country has, they are good for the money - especially if you work at a level that you are graded on appearance. 

What's the outlook on Mizzou football this fall?

Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2031 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.