Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Todd

Balk

Question

Guest Todd

Correct me if I'm wrong. but I'm almost positive it's a Bach when a picture either on the rubber or stepping off the rubber throws to a position player not on a base

5 answers to this question

Stand corrected...

PBUC: "There is no violation if a pitcher attempts a pickoff at second base and seeing no fielder covering the bag, throws to the shortstop or second baseman, neither of whom is in the vicinity of the bag nor is making an actual attempt to retire the runner"

Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member

You are wrong. Once the pitcher steps off he is an infielder and can do anything the other infielders can do. Even from the pitchers plate he can throw to a position player near a base that the pitcher is allowed to feign to (always second base, third base depends on which rules you are using). Also, if that fielder is attempting a play (judgement call, usually means going toward the base) it is allowed.

21 minutes ago, Guest Todd said:

Correct me if I'm wrong. but I'm almost positive it's a Bach when a picture either on the rubber or stepping off the rubber throws to a position player not on a base

no, that's a Mozart..........  

as @pnewton posted above.

one F1 steps off, he's an infielder like any other, also if the fielder is in a position to make a play on a runner then it would not be a balk either. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Guest Todd said:

Beware of auto-correct.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this