Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member
lawump

My best side makes the newspaper (working the AL state championship game)

SWMBO thinks it’s my best side, anyways.

20180727-202300-IMG_3781.jpg

Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member
24 minutes ago, lawump said:

20180727-202300-IMG_3781.jpg

That reminds me. I'm going to have to pull a little more shirt out from under the belt for a proper bloused look. And, is that a softball shirt:D

2 minutes ago, Jimurray said:

That reminds me. I'm going to have to pull a little more shirt out from under the belt for a proper bloused look. And, is that a softball shirt:D

LOL, but that’s the shirt you get from Legion’s national office if you go to a regional or World Series.  When in Rome...

No. He didn't go.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, lawump said:

but that’s the shirt you get from Legion’s national office

Ah, American Legion ball... possibly the biggest boulder mired in the mud of mediocrity and “traditionalism”. What a roadblock.

Ah, American Legion ball... possibly the biggest boulder mired in the mud of mediocrity and “traditionalism”. What a roadblock.

I worked a AAA state in a place where I don't live and I was amazed at how much the coaches thought their you-know-what didn't stink and how horribly they treated all the umpires.

When it came time for the final, I was happy to give the plate job to a local guy who seemed to care. Then watched him eject one of the coaches over something truly stupid.

I'll admit, though, the baseball was decent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, MadMax said:

Which is bigger FED or Legion? Would you care to elaborate?

On 7/27/2018 at 9:21 PM, lawump said:

Well, if we're being honest, she's not wrong....

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Jimurray said:

Which is bigger FED or Legion? Would you care to elaborate?

Oh, Fed is assuredly larger by size and participants, but at least there’s an “out clause” within the Rulebook – they leave it up to the individual states to determine any additional modifications or uniform specs. All that’s given is that the default uniform, barring any state spec, is “navy” (do note, that could be any navy polo shirt, from plain to 2010 single stripe). And they say “grey” pants. 

On 7/28/2018 at 4:03 PM, MadMax said:

I love working Legion; especially now that they've gone to seven innings.  I'm a traditionalist.  I like working OBR (with only a few modifications...such as the NCAA force play slide rule and collision rule).  And they treat you like a king at the World Series.  There isn't an MLB umpire locker room that has a bigger spread than what the provide us!

• Like 1