Facemask Upgrade

DontSuck1977
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2104 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

I endorse @acpar72‘s recommendation – the Honig’s K4 mask addresses exactly what you’re after. It’s large, with oversized ear guards, deep half-sphere profile, a discreet extended crown guard, and a broad squared extended chin guard that makes attachment of nearly any dangling throat guard easy.

The other route to consider is a catcher’s mask, most of which have oversized ear guards and deep half-sphere profiles. The Easton Speed Elite might be a good candidate, but it doesn’t have much of a chin guard because the amateur catchers who use it either attach dangling throat guards, or don’t want a chin guard getting in the way when they drop their chin. Another candidate is the All-Star FM25, especially if you get it in the Titanium version.

• Like 3

I've had the Honig's cage for about 4 years now and love it.  I wear a 7 3/4 - 7 7/8 hat so I have a big melon and I've never had any issues with this mask.  Be sure to add the Team Wendy pads.  The 6" throat guard is also a great idea as mentioned above - @acpar72