Jump to content

Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member

Recommended Posts

On 10/3/2018 at 9:31 AM, acpar72 said:

I have the regular LUC pads on my All Star Mag like Jim.  Opens up vision MUCH better than the oversized pad.  

When you say “regular” LUC, do you men the LUC pads that would come with an FM25, or ones that would come with a regular (steel) FM4000?  (Embedded in that question is whether the pads for the steel and mag 4000 are identical or not.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member
12 hours ago, umptwo said:

When you say “regular” LUC, do you men the LUC pads that would come with an FM25, or ones that would come with a regular (steel) FM4000?  (Embedded in that question is whether the pads for the steel and mag 4000 are identical or not.)

All LUC pads are the same except for the lower pad on the new FM4000 MAG

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean, that I ordered LUC pads from All Star after I noticed how much of the "low" went away with the oversized pad sold with the 4000MAG.  I had to request the LUC pads that come standard with the S7 because they are split allowing for the center vertical bar on the MAG. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, acpar72 said:

I mean, that I ordered LUC pads from All Star after I noticed how much of the "low" went away with the oversized pad sold with the 4000MAG.  I had to request the LUC pads that come standard with the S7 because they are split allowing for the center vertical bar on the MAG. 

Good point here ......  while the LUC PADS are indeed the same (LUC for the FM25, and LUC for the FM4000) ....the 4000 pads chin velcro is split to accept the middle chin bar.

The 4000-MAG pads are obviously also split.  All that said, you can still get standard LUC pads and cut the chin velcro yourself to fit a 4000 :nod: 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bluetick48 said:

Mail came today and my Mag showed up BLACK. No need for the powder coat now lol. 

955E4591-A827-46C6-B860-B6A888D17B93.jpeg

:wow:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, bluetick48 said:

Mail came today and my Mag showed up BLACK. No need for the powder coat now lol. 

955E4591-A827-46C6-B860-B6A888D17B93.jpeg

Who did you order from?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, bluetick48 said:

Baseball Express...... $179 Shipped 

 

Did they accidentally ship the black one to you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bluetick48 said:

I’m guessing so, but they’re not getting it back lol....

If you look at the model number, it has BLK at the end. I’m guessing that it wasn’t a mistake and they just didn’t update pictures and description 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 12:20 AM, tpatience said:

If you look at the model number, it has BLK at the end. I’m guessing that it wasn’t a mistake and they just didn’t update pictures and description 

That is incorrect. "BLK" stands for black, which is identifying the pads and not the frame.  However, it is now available from UA.  Also, All Star's Instagram account identifies future deerskin padding. The Instagram account also states back in September that the matte black frames are "back" in stock.  So now I'm wondering...maybe Jim and Chris did receive black frames from All Star?  I mean, why or how would they take the time to have someone paint their frame?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Similar Content

    • By Thunderheads
      I can understand the scoreboard being wrong in counting the pitch in the balk that occurred during the sequence (looking for that video).... but I find it hard to believe that this has happened so often on a professional field in the last few years.  
      Caveat:  NOT THAT I'M PERFECT, because I've lost it too, and I've rung up guys on strike 2, it happens ....but ........   IT SURE AS HELL shouldn't take this long ......
      Your browser does not support iframes.
    • By Thunderheads
      http://m.mlb.com/video/v36550065
    • By Thunderheads
      This play is reviewed and overturned, fine, ...but.... what caught my eye was the positioning of CG on this play.  He lets the ball turn him to the play, but never moves into the play.  Isn't he a little too far?
       
      Just asking .......
       
      http://m.mlb.com/video/topic/63817564/v35663585
    • By Thunderheads
      not enough evidence?
       
      http://m.mlb.com/video/topic/63817564/v35148487
    • By Thunderheads
      ....how is this not fan interference?
       
      http://m.mlb.com/video/topic/63817564/v34888703
×