Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member
Sign in to follow this  
wolfe_man

13" AA-37 All American CP and 15-16" shins

Okay, here you go.  Last two I saw on here and on FB they were asking $200 and that was without the shins.  I won't ask that, but make me an offer if you're interested.

CP is in good condition with a lot of life left.  The navy coloring on the padding has started to wear off revealing the black underneath, but this doesn't affect wearability at all.  The pads were coated with something to make it match the navy plates, but the real covering of the padding is black.  As @mbkcoach and others have shown they are fine once you get the navy worn off - or you can go the route that @jwclubbie did with his and have it recovered if it bothers you.  This isn't your normal Champion's padding either.  I know these CP's look a lot alike, but that's where this and Champion's comparisons pretty much end.  The AA is low profile and hugs your body - coveted by D1 and MiLB umpires for this reason I understand (as is the Champion).   The AA padding is much softer than Champion's though and just feels better to me.  The wings are more rigid like Champion's, but the padding that contacts your chest and upper arms/shoulders is much more like a Wilson or Douglas padding - just much thinner!

AA plates are thicker than any Champion I have had and feel much stiffer/firmer.  I'm told that's why these are so much better than a Champion - they won't crack when you get hit on the shoulder or other areas. They just feel like much harder plastic than any Champion I've seen or owned.

Needless to say, I would upgrade the harness to Ray's for the ultimate fit.

I've tried to be as honest as I can be and explain the areas where I see wear.  I will send you as many pics as you need so you can judge for yourself.  I have also posted to Umpire Selling Wall on FB with a lot of pics.  If you have questions, please ask.

As always, thanks for your interest.

IMG_3243.jpg

IMG_3246.jpg

IMG_3248.jpg

IMG_3251.jpg

IMG_3253.jpg

IMG_3254.jpg

• Like 1

Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member

I should have added - I removed the chest padding and washed and hung dry.  The pics are after I washed and reassembled it.  I did hand wash the shoulder padding as well due to they're riveted in place.  Here are some closer pics to show what I mean by the navy color wearing off exposing the black padding cover underneath.  I don't know how they coated the navy onto the black, but it's like it's wearing off now slowly.  It's not peeling like paint, but more wearing off due to age/use.

IMG_3249.jpg

IMG_3247.jpg

IMG_3250.JPG

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, wolfe_man said:

AA plates are thicker than any Champion I have had and feel much stiffer/firmer.  I'm told that's why these are so much better than a Champion - they won't crack when you get hit on the shoulder or other areas. They just feel like much harder plastic than any Champion I've seen or owned.

This is how you know the carapace plates were manufactured here in the USA. The US Plastics (in this case, ABS) industry can make thicker, denser products because they don’t have to be packed within a shipping container and transported across an ocean. And back in the 1990’s, the source material was heavier too.

This is an EXCELLENT cp.  I have the same one and use it for levels up to NAIA and NCAA D3.  Very comfortable and affords very good protection.

• Like 2