Jump to content

Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member

Recommended Posts

This photo shows two different generations of Wilson dynalite masks. On the left is a current steel mask powder coated in Battleship Grey by Tony for me exclusively. The one on the right is a vintage West vest mask done in the same color but the throat extension was cut off.

 

I know this is blasphemy but I don't need three masks, what do you like?

 

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member

For some reason the picture did not post508ebf291d24227b2bcbc182f0006740.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Thunderheads said:

 

This photo shows two different generations of Wilson dynalite masks. On the left is a current steel mask powder coated in Battleship Grey by Tony for me exclusively. The one on the right is a vintage West vest mask done in the same color but the throat extension was cut off.

 

I know this is blasphemy but I don't need three masks, what do you like?

 

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

 

 

 

I like the current one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Thunderheads said:

For some reason the picture did not post508ebf291d24227b2bcbc182f0006740.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
 

There’s something about the old gen mask with the strut-less ear guards that looks unique.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, grk17 said:

There’s something about the old gen mask with the strut-less ear guards that looks unique.

I second this. I'm a fan of the one on the right (bottom?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait... rereading the original post...

I like the one on the left/top. Also... DIBS on the bottom one! Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wait... rereading the original post...
I like the one on the left/top. Also... DIBS on the bottom one! Lol
You like the standard dynalite better??!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Thunderheads said:

You like the standard dynalite better??!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
 

No. I originally posted (seriously) that I like the vintage one better. The second post was made, tongue firmly planted in my cheek, assuming you would be seeing the vintage one. And i was calling dibs if you did.:insertevillaughhere:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
No. I originally posted (seriously) that I like the vintage one better. The second post was made, tongue firmly planted in my cheek, assuming you would be seeing the vintage one. And i was calling dibs if you did.:insertevillaughhere:
Well.... my intention was to dump one of them......

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Thunderheads said:

Well.... my intention was to dump one of them......

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
 

Figured so. I still like ththe vintage one better. But also want the vintage one more.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Figured so. I still like ththe vintage one better. But also want the vintage one more.
Lol!!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An interesting note about the two dyna lite generations: the old gen mask is actually wider than the current gen, thus yielding a better line of sight out of it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
An interesting note about the two dyna lite generations: the old gen mask is actually wider than the current gen, thus yielding a better line of sight out of it. 
Are you basing that just on looking at the photo or do you know that for a fact regarding Dimensions Etc?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Thunderheads said:

Are you basing that just on looking at the photo or do you know that for a fact regarding Dimensions Etc?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
 

I actually measured the old gen Wilson that I have and then measured a current dyna lite because I was curious why the old gen seemed to have a better view. It was then that I realized the old gen was actually wider. Who knew

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I actually measured the old gen Wilson that I have and then measured a current dyna lite because I was curious why the old gen seemed to have a better view. It was then that I realized the old gen was actually wider. Who knew
Thx!! .....you have the same one i do?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Thunderheads said:

Thx!! .....you have the same one i do?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
 

Yep. I have the old gen Wilson that you sold me. I’m pretty sure it’s that same color also but with the “strut less” integrated throat guard still attached

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yep. I have the old gen Wilson that you sold me. I’m pretty sure it’s that same color also but with the “strut less” integrated throat guard still attached
That's right!!!! Duh!!! LOL!!!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Thunderheads said:

That's right!!!! Duh!!! LOL!!!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
 

I remember that rig! That was the one you made to look like a Riddell!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I remember that rig! That was the one you made to look like a Riddell!
Yes!!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Thunderheads said:

Yes!!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
 

Man did i want that rig! I just couldn't swing it at the time for one reason or another. Maybe this one I can if you put it up.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Man did i want that rig! I just couldn't swing it at the time for one reason or another. Maybe this one I can if you put it up.
That's why they're posted.... can't decide what to put up.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, grk17 said:

I actually measured the old gen Wilson that I have and then measured a current dyna lite because I was curious why the old gen seemed to have a better view. It was then that I realized the old gen was actually wider. Who knew

This is probably why my old doe skin WV pads don’t fit on the current dyna lite frame.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×