Which one?

Thunderheads
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2085 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

This photo shows two different generations of Wilson dynalite masks. On the left is a current steel mask powder coated in Battleship Grey by Tony for me exclusively. The one on the right is a vintage West vest mask done in the same color but the throat extension was cut off.

I know this is blasphemy but I don't need three masks, what do you like?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

22 minutes ago, Thunderheads said:

This photo shows two different generations of Wilson dynalite masks. On the left is a current steel mask powder coated in Battleship Grey by Tony for me exclusively. The one on the right is a vintage West vest mask done in the same color but the throat extension was cut off.

I know this is blasphemy but I don't need three masks, what do you like?

I like the current one.

1 hour ago, Thunderheads said:

For some reason the picture did not post508ebf291d24227b2bcbc182f0006740.jpg

There’s something about the old gen mask with the strut-less ear guards that looks unique.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Thunderheads said:

You like the standard dynalite better??!!

No. I originally posted (seriously) that I like the vintage one better. The second post was made, tongue firmly planted in my cheek, assuming you would be seeing the vintage one. And i was calling dibs if you did.:insertevillaughhere:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

No. I originally posted (seriously) that I like the vintage one better. The second post was made, tongue firmly planted in my cheek, assuming you would be seeing the vintage one. And i was calling dibs if you did.:insertevillaughhere:
Well.... my intention was to dump one of them......

9 minutes ago, Thunderheads said:

Well.... my intention was to dump one of them......

Figured so. I still like ththe vintage one better. But also want the vintage one more.

• Like 2

An interesting note about the two dyna lite generations: the old gen mask is actually wider than the current gen, thus yielding a better line of sight out of it. 
Are you basing that just on looking at the photo or do you know that for a fact regarding Dimensions Etc?

20 minutes ago, Thunderheads said:

Are you basing that just on looking at the photo or do you know that for a fact regarding Dimensions Etc?

I actually measured the old gen Wilson that I have and then measured a current dyna lite because I was curious why the old gen seemed to have a better view. It was then that I realized the old gen was actually wider. Who knew

• Like 1

I actually measured the old gen Wilson that I have and then measured a current dyna lite because I was curious why the old gen seemed to have a better view. It was then that I realized the old gen was actually wider. Who knew
Thx!! .....you have the same one i do?

2 minutes ago, Thunderheads said:

Thx!! .....you have the same one i do?

Yep. I have the old gen Wilson that you sold me. I’m pretty sure it’s that same color also but with the “strut less” integrated throat guard still attached

• Like 1

Yep. I have the old gen Wilson that you sold me. I’m pretty sure it’s that same color also but with the “strut less” integrated throat guard still attached
That's right!!!! Duh!!! LOL!!!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, grk17 said:

This is probably why my old doe skin WV pads don’t fit on the current dyna lite frame.