Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member
Sign in to follow this  
ZebraStripes

Recovery

I had to have back surgery last month so it is odd that I can't even thing about getting on a field at the moment.

Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member
7 hours ago, ZebraStripes said:

I had to have back surgery last month so it is odd that I can't even thing about getting on a field at the moment.

I had it Sep 2016 and my wife made me wear the back brae for the entire 3 months.  And forget about the bend, lift and twist.  I had to turn a college schedule back as I didn't feel up to working double headers at the time.  Didn't work with one assigner, the other two were fine with it.  I actually must of healed ok as the surgeon said I didn't need physical therapy.   Take your time getting better.  Umpiring will be here when you are ready.

• Like 1

Stripes,

Get well soon!

I am going through sort of the same thing, but it's with a pair of bad knees that cost me my whole summer season, and a ton of really good games. I hate every moment of it, and it's driving me crazy. The only things I've found that help is to work really hard on rehab (if you can), and hope for a lot of grace to see me though. Sometimes we have to accept that our bodies break down  sometimes and we have to let it heal. Thank God that we live in a time where the medical arts have learned so much about healing the human body that injuries that used to end careers are once we can come back from.