Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member
stevis

VA LL Intermediate States

Got to work my first full state Little League tournament this weekend, Intermediate level (50/70 baseball.)  Sadly didn't get a plate game to get evaluated on, as we didn't realize my crew's  field of the two was in my own league's half of the loser's bracket, and they won their way out of it all the way to the final.   Alas.  Still, worked with a great group of umpires, learned a lot, had a great time, saw some great baseball, got work proper six-person and get instructed in that. 

Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member

Congrats man!

I believe that you can still get evaluated on your field work as well. The forms that we use from LL to evaluate just have you list the bases you did.

Just because you didn't get a plate, shouldn't hurt you. If you did a good job on the bases, then you still have a chance to move up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maineump said:

Congrats man!

I believe that you can still get evaluated on your field work as well. The forms that we use from LL to evaluate just have you list the bases you did.

Just because you didn't get a plate, shouldn't hurt you. If you did a good job on the bases, then you still have a chance to move up.

Oh yes, that's absolutely true.   I just would have liked a reality check on my plate game. 

The real answer is "get myself to a darn clinic" but it's been a lower priority over the years than family stuff.  Now that my daughter's a little older and less needy I should be able to make that work.  At least, if I wait to bring it up until I've been home again for a while.

10 hours ago, stevis said:

Oh yes, that's absolutely true.   I just would have liked a reality check on my plate game. 

The real answer is "get myself to a darn clinic" but it's been a lower priority over the years than family stuff.  Now that my daughter's a little older and less needy I should be able to make that work.  At least, if I wait to bring it up until I've been home again for a while.

Yeah, clinics are always good (for all umpiring levels) if for nothing else to get face time.