Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member
Sign in to follow this  
Gil

MLB Ejection 087 - Jeff Nelson (2; Daniel Hudson)

1B Umpire Jeff Nelson ejected Dodgers P Daniel Hudson (instruction to avoid a balk; QOCY) in the top of the 6th inning of the Pirates-Dodgers game. With one out and none on, Pirates batter Elias Diaz singled on a line drive to right field off Hudson, placing a baserunner at first base and the balk...

[[ This is a content summary only. Visit my website for full links, other content, and more! ]]

View the full article

Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member
8 hours ago, Gil said:

1B Umpire Jeff Nelson ejected Dodgers P Daniel Hudson (instruction to avoid a balk; QOCY) in the top of the 6th inning of the Pirates-Dodgers game. With one out and none on, Pirates batter Elias Diaz singled on a line drive to right field off Hudson, placing a baserunner at first base and the balk...

[[ This is a content summary only. Visit my website for full links, other content, and more! ]]

View the full article

I didn’t see any ball spinning or other motion. I believe Nelson wanted him to have the ball in his hand visible at his side. He had his pitching arm at his side but his hand was in front of his hip. He had his glove in front of his left shoulder. Nelson ignored the technical violation (one of his hands at his side) the whole inning until he had R1. But I don’t think anyone would be in doubt about when Hudson was not set, was coming set, or was set.