ALWS

Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 1690 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

1 hour ago, dumbdumb said:

While lawump, at 1B,  was picking daisies or trying to find the American Legion Queen in the stands, an interesting play happened.

thanks for sharing the tournament with us

https://nesn.com/2018/08/watch-this-savage-hidden-ball-trick-in-american-legion-world-series/

That's not "the" hidden ball trick. But the decoy did not fool U2.

1 hour ago, Jimurray said:

That's not "the" hidden ball trick. But the decoy did not fool U2.

It shouldn't, he's a PAC-12/WAC/MW umpire.  Great guy, too.

Also, I was the first base umpire calling "out" on today's #1 play on ESPN SportCenter's Top 10 (even though I was mostly blocked out by a pole on the camera shot).  Now that was cool.  The "fake pickoff to second base" was #3.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Richvee said:

I think the only person fooled was R2. Maybe 3BC. It worked just like it's drawn up on the chalkboard. 

1BC was SCREAMING, "back! Back! Back! Stay! Stay! Stay!"  LOL

1 hour ago, lawump said:

It shouldn't, he's a PAC-12/WAC/MW umpire.  Great guy, too.

Also, I was the first base umpire calling "out" on today's #1 play on ESPN SportCenter's Top 10 (even though I was mostly blocked out by a pole on the camera shot).  Now that was cool.  The "fake pickoff to second base" was #3.

Was that the Delaware ss diving behind second?  Awesome play.  Couldn't believe he got him.

28 minutes ago, umpstu said:

Was that the Delaware ss diving behind second?  Awesome play.  Couldn't believe he got him.

Absolutely amazing play. Literally threw him out while on his back.....And threw a strike.

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, dumbdumb said:

little action of one of your buddies i believe. Or do i have the wrong American Legion?

https://www.clipsoon.com/abq7WDJV3Ww/americanlegionworldseries-alws.html

He was the crew chief the year before my first year.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/23/2018 at 8:43 AM, dumbdumb said:

little action of one of your buddies i believe. Or do i have the wrong American Legion?

https://www.clipsoon.com/abq7WDJV3Ww/americanlegionworldseries-alws.html

On 10/23/2018 at 1:31 PM, lawump said:

Randy is from my area. Eugene to be exact. Very good umpire and an even better dude! That mustache is ON POINT!

• 1 month later...
On 11/22/2018 at 6:10 PM, Mad Mike said:

@lawump -- who was #76 on the crew in the game where Sutton was HPU?

He looked like Craig Mills, but I wasn't sure....

I'm sure it was MIllsy; he was on that crew.

• 6 months later...
On 10/23/2018 at 4:31 PM, lawump said:

Sorry I knocked you down a peg on that Regional game there under another topic, MR CREW CHIEF FOR THE 2019 WORLD SERIES.

However, I figured you needed to get in a little work and exercise in a Regional, rather being an armchair quarterback at home this weekend.

Hope you mowed the grass yesterday/today to get your heart rate up and get some exercise. Hate to see you pass out or something in the WS. And no

I am not trying to jinx you.

Good luck. I will be keeping up on the box scores. Say hello to miss USA (future cowgirl) and make us drool with a picture again. Say hello to

David Thompson.

18 hours ago, dumbdumb said:

Sorry I knocked you down a peg on that Regional game there under another topic, MR CREW CHIEF FOR THE 2019 WORLD SERIES.

However, I figured you needed to get in a little work and exercise in a Regional, rather being an armchair quarterback at home this weekend.

Hope you mowed the grass yesterday/today to get your heart rate up and get some exercise. Hate to see you pass out or something in the WS. And no

I am not trying to jinx you.

Good luck. I will be keeping up on the box scores. Say hello to miss USA (future cowgirl) and make us drool with a picture again. Say hello to

David Thompson.

They will not let us work a Regional and the ALWS.  

I have been working out hard for many months trying to get in shape (I'm down 16-pounds as of this morning).  I ran a 5k at 6:00 a.m. this morning.  Not the same as mowing the grass...but it'll do. 

I'm hoping Miss USA or Miss America shows up again!