2-man mechanics

jjskitours
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2113 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Question

9 answers to this question

1 hour ago, jjskitours said:

Who is responsible for the touch of 3rd base on a HR out of the park? 

IF BU goes out, PU has all the touches.

If BU doesn't go out (including starting in the middle with additional runners), the BU has the BR; PU has all other runners (if any).

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, jjskitours said:

Just curious as to the logic of why PU has the touches at third on every situation EXCEPT a HR out of the park. Obviously, I realize the BU has no other responsibilities as the BR trots around the bases,  just curious.

you just said it. and on situations where there would be B/R touching third at the same time another runner crosses home, PU doesn't have to worry about getting to a position to see both

3 hours ago, jjskitours said:

Just curious as to the logic of why PU has the touches at third on every situation EXCEPT a HR out of the park. Obviously, I realize the BU has no other responsibilities as the BR trots around the bases,  just curious.

I don't think your assumption is true.  BU (assuming he doesn't go out) has the BR at third whether it's a ho9merun out of the park or an insi9de-the-park homerun (attempt).