Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member
  • Similar Content

• By MadMax
      In viewing clips of pitches and hits on mlb.tv, I have noticed a trend – MLB umpires are opting to a wider variety of masks rather than the default, formerly supplied Wilson DynaLite. We’re still seeing guys use the Wilson DynAlum and the occasional Wilson Titanium (Way Too) Low Profile, and there are those still relying on their Nike Icon Titaniums, but we’re also seeing increased numbers of Mizunos, Force3 Defenders, and All-Star FM4000MAGs.
      I’m sincerely wondering when that “paradigm shift” or “break point” is going to occur, when it is open season on branding gear with attributed logos instead of hiding, obscuring, or flat-out lying so as to appease a company that lethargically refuses to progressively protect their “sponsored” representatives. Because a knocked-off mask is viewed as a “failed mask”, MLB umpires – wearing Wilson -marked masks especially – are directed to wear their masks far too tight. Well, coincidentally, this plays right into Force3’s strengths, as the reactive spring suspension functions best when the mask is worn snugly. It’s just a shame that Force3 doesn’t receive due credit!
    • By sd181612
      I know I’m kind of dreaming here, but I’m finally going to see my role model/idol Jim Wolf tomorrow and I was wondering if anyone knew someone in his crew so that, if possible, I could meet them. Jim was the one who inspired me to get into umpiring in the first place (his brother played and he didn’t; mine played and I realized I wasn’t good enough to keep playing) and I’d like to thank him in person.
      Thanks again!
    • By sd181612
      I was looking at heights of several players and umpires for fun. Jim Wolf is listed as 6’ and so is Randy, but then I found this....

Jim looks more like 5’9”. Kind of insteresting to see that their heights are changed or maybe they are measured with shoes on.
      Just a random find, by the way.

• By Mlbumpirewatcher
      Mike Everitt
      Bill Welke
      Tony Randazzo
      Lance Barrett
      Davis
      Carlson
      Knight
      Hoberg

DeMuth
      Nauert
      Barry
      Torres

West
      Eddings
      Foster
      Ripperger

Cederstrom
      Cooper
      Blaser
      Scheurwater

Layne
      G Gibson
      Carapazza
      Baker

VANOVER
      WENDELSTEDT
      GUCCIONE
      RACKLEY

WEGNER
      REYNOLDS
      DIMURO
      TUMPANE

HOLBROOK
      MARQUEZ
      WOLF
      REYBURN 

EMMEL
      DRECKMAN
      FAIRCHILD
      ESTABROOK
      GORMAN
      IASSOGNA
      JOHNSON
      T GIBSON
      Jeff Kellogg Hudson Hoye  Wolcott   Mike Winters Timmons Drake Mike Muchlinski    Culbreth  O’Nora Bucknor  Conroy   HALLION
      CUZZI
      BELLINO
      HAMARI

T BARRETT
      DANLEY
      BARKSDALE
      LITTLE

NELSON
      DIAZ
      FLETCHER
      GONZALEZ

MILLER
      HERNANDEZ
      TICHENOR
      PORTER

MEALS
      KULPA
      HICKOX
      MORALES
    • By sd181612
      @Scott Kennedy you know you guys are awesome and managed to get us the real deal shirts. This site sold both of these models but the only thing they have left is XX, plus I’d rather buy from a company I trust. Is there any way you could get these and make them available to us? 

Thanks and keep up the great work!!