What do you think? OBS in FED or NCAA?

scrounge
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2118 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Even if this is technically OBS in FED or NCAA, it's very difficult to get in real time AND I'm not convinced it's what the "game" wants.  The runner was going to slide anyway, and the contact with the foot (which is when the hindrance happened) was after F6 had the ball.

• Like 1

Agree. If it appears to maybe, possibly be OBS only in super slo-mo, that's nothing. Live longer: make OBS/INT big.

I made the OBS call in a HS game once on a pickoff at 1B. The timing was about the same (maybe slightly bigger gap between slide and tag). I wish I hadn't.

On 6/29/2018 at 1:26 PM, maven said:

Agree. If it appears to maybe, possibly be OBS only in super slo-mo, that's nothing. Live longer: make OBS/INT big.

I made the OBS call in a HS game once on a pickoff at 1B. The timing was about the same (maybe slightly bigger gap between slide and tag). I wish I hadn't.

I’m thinking the opposite. To me, it appears to maybe, possibly NOT be OBS only in super slo-mo. 

Live with no benefit of replay I think it would be really hard to not have either safe (as Davis had originally) or obstruction.