Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member
Sign in to follow this  
umpstu

Tim Timmons' Mask

I swear Timmons is wearing a Force 3 mask with Nike pads.  St Louis vs Milwaukee.

Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member

This one, @umpstu?

16C8029B-BD54-4E12-A5BB-6DB05693E7F3.jpeg.4866d01dbb26c100fd4e3c13eec77869.jpeg

I’ll agree with you, they don’t look quite like standard Force3 pads... but I could be wrong. I doubt they’re Nike pads, because I _know_ Nike pads aren’t bi-color, with tan faces, which these are (check the photo below).

54ABD680-D1C5-4EE7-908B-282446E7C612.jpeg.6d83bafee5bef2e166042a686d278df7.jpeg

I just figured it out. If you go to a straight on shot the bars just below the top straps on the bottom pad looks very much like Nike icons. Since the mask is silver it gives that illusion.  

Top pad is F3 though.  Look at it in the pic shown above and you can see the thin padding that goes up along the outer top rail.

43 minutes ago, wolfe_man said:

Top pad is F3 though.  Look at it in the pic shown above and you can see the thin padding that goes up along the outer top rail.

Maybe it's a wilson wrap-around -- they have (or had) the two-tone pads.

2 hours ago, noumpere said:

Maybe it's a wilson wrap-around -- they have (or had) the two-tone pads.

No, I think only F3 has that "lip" on the top of the pad as I've never seen any others with it.  See my pic below for what I am meaning as the "lip".  

Another easy spot is how V2 pads fit - only 2 velcro straps on top versus 3 for most pads.  Due to spring configuration, F3 V2 only has 2 straps.

5b31012849fa9_F3upperpad.png.4e51f0c847074976d289ede7d00b0d5a.png

Okay, the more I look at Max's pics the more I am convinced those are stock F3 pads.

F3 makes a black pad with a tan real leather chin inside (aka bi-color). If you look at Max's 2nd pic, it shows just that. 

Here's another pic of him wearing the mask from the front and they look like F3 stock pads. 

If you look really close, you can see the F3 logo in the center of the bottom pad has been blacked out.

ttmask.jpg