Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member
Gil

Minor Ejection - Latos' CanAm Bench Clearing Brawl

A contentious home plate collision begot New Jersey Jackals pitcher Mat Latos to throw at a Rockland Boulders batter, which sparked a bench-clearing brawl Saturday in the independent CanAm League, with Latos & Rockland's Ryan Deemes ejected for fighting. A massive brawl breaks out after inside...

[[ This is a content summary only. Visit my website for full links, other content, and more! ]]

View the full article

Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member
1 hour ago, Gil said:

A contentious home plate collision begot New Jersey Jackals pitcher Mat Latos to throw at a Rockland Boulders batter, which sparked a bench-clearing brawl Saturday in the independent CanAm League, with Latos & Rockland's Ryan Deemes ejected for fighting. A massive brawl breaks out after inside...

[[ This is a content summary only. Visit my website for full links, other content, and more! ]]

View the full article

Did the runner violate this guidance from the MLBUM?

"While contact may occur between a fielder and runner during a tag attempt, a runner is not allowed to use his hands or arms to commit an obviously malicious or unsportsmanlike act --- such as grabbing, tackling, intentionally slapping at the baseball, punching, kicking, flagrantly using his arms or forearms, etc. to commit an intentional act of interference unrelated to running the bases."

7 hours ago, Jimurray said:

Did the runner violate this guidance from the MLBUM?

"While contact may occur between a fielder and runner during a tag attempt, a runner is not allowed to use his hands or arms to commit an obviously malicious or unsportsmanlike act --- such as grabbing, tackling, intentionally slapping at the baseball, punching, kicking, flagrantly using his arms or forearms, etc. to commit an intentional act of interference unrelated to running the bases."

I think R1 threw a forearm. A call of interference would be justifiable IMO.

On a separate note.Couldn't help but notice U3 set up on the dirt between 2nd and 3rd. Is this "normal"?   Never seen that before.

17 hours ago, Richvee said:

I think R1 threw a forearm. A call of interference would be justifiable IMO.

On a separate note.Couldn't help but notice U3 set up on the dirt between 2nd and 3rd. Is this "normal"?   Never seen that before.

Noticed that too. Also the beyond lackadaisical movements by all three umpires when benches began to clear.