Mike Estabrook helmet/traditional mask

sgvump
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2134 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Hey guy, I just noticed that Mike Estabrook uses a hard hat/helmet along with a traditional mask. It seems like a good idea as far as protection. I would probably prefer this to a hockey stule mask..Would or has anyone considered using this behind the plate?

EA07A99A-DD0B-471A-95CE-4AE0E82031D2.jpeg

D33ED45E-90A4-4D17-8055-A1BC0AF5D15A.jpeg

18 hours ago, sgvump said:

BT Blue thank you! I apologize for the double threads. I search before posting these things, but perhaps I’m not searching correctly.. thanks for the guidance!

It may be inside the "new masks" thread on the Professional area.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/8/2018 at 6:21 PM, sgvump said:

Hey guy, I just noticed that Mike Estabrook uses a hard hat/helmet along with a traditional mask. It seems like a good idea as far as protection. I would probably prefer this to a hockey stule mask..Would or has anyone considered using this behind the plate?

EA07A99A-DD0B-471A-95CE-4AE0E82031D2.jpeg

D33ED45E-90A4-4D17-8055-A1BC0AF5D15A.jpeg

I believe I would pay to see him head butt that d-bag with that shiny new helmet. Can’t stand how he treats umpires. 

• Haha 1

On 6/8/2018 at 6:50 PM, BT_Blue said:

Do a searh in the Professional section. There is a nice long conversation about this. 

Where is the post on this subject?  Date and forum location please.  I was unable to find it.

Thanks 

Lefty

12 hours ago, Lefty said:

Where is the post on this subject?  Date and forum location please.  I was unable to find it.

Thanks 

Lefty

So I too went looking for it. I thought it was it's own thread. But I think it actually is in this thread I started at the beginning of the season.

2 hours ago, sgvump said:

For whatever reason I also have difficulty finding some topics and end up double threading.

No worries. It happens to all of us.