Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member
sgvump

Mike Estabrook helmet/traditional mask

Hey guy, I just noticed that Mike Estabrook uses a hard hat/helmet along with a traditional mask. It seems like a good idea as far as protection. I would probably prefer this to a hockey stule mask..Would or has anyone considered using this behind the plate?

EA07A99A-DD0B-471A-95CE-4AE0E82031D2.jpeg

D33ED45E-90A4-4D17-8055-A1BC0AF5D15A.jpeg

Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member

Do a searh in the Professional section. There is a nice long conversation about this. 

BT Blue thank you! I apologize for the double threads. I search before posting these things, but perhaps I’m not searching correctly.. thanks for the guidance!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, sgvump said:

BT Blue thank you! I apologize for the double threads. I search before posting these things, but perhaps I’m not searching correctly.. thanks for the guidance!

It may be inside the "new masks" thread on the Professional area.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/8/2018 at 6:21 PM, sgvump said:

Hey guy, I just noticed that Mike Estabrook uses a hard hat/helmet along with a traditional mask. It seems like a good idea as far as protection. I would probably prefer this to a hockey stule mask..Would or has anyone considered using this behind the plate?

EA07A99A-DD0B-471A-95CE-4AE0E82031D2.jpeg

D33ED45E-90A4-4D17-8055-A1BC0AF5D15A.jpeg

I believe I would pay to see him head butt that d-bag with that shiny new helmet. Can’t stand how he treats umpires. 

• Haha 1

It looks odd, but I would never fault a guy for seeking a safer way to do this job.

I used this combination in summer ball a few years ago.  Never comfortable in HSM.

Just a matter of taste.  One of the catchers (15-16 yo group) even asked about if wearing the helmet forward caused any problems in mask removal.

Based on my comfort level with the traditional mask, this is probably the only way I will wear a helmet. I tried the HSM and it just doesn't work for me on so many levels.

• Like 1

On 6/8/2018 at 6:50 PM, BT_Blue said:

Do a searh in the Professional section. There is a nice long conversation about this. 

Where is the post on this subject?  Date and forum location please.  I was unable to find it.

Thanks 

Lefty

12 hours ago, Lefty said:

Where is the post on this subject?  Date and forum location please.  I was unable to find it.

Thanks 

Lefty

So I too went looking for it. I thought it was it's own thread. But I think it actually is in this thread I started at the beginning of the season.

2 hours ago, sgvump said:

For whatever reason I also have difficulty finding some topics and end up double threading.

No worries. It happens to all of us.