Jump to content

Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member
sgvump

Mike Estabrook helmet/traditional mask

Recommended Posts

Hey guy, I just noticed that Mike Estabrook uses a hard hat/helmet along with a traditional mask. It seems like a good idea as far as protection. I would probably prefer this to a hockey stule mask..Would or has anyone considered using this behind the plate?

 

 

EA07A99A-DD0B-471A-95CE-4AE0E82031D2.jpeg

D33ED45E-90A4-4D17-8055-A1BC0AF5D15A.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member

Do a searh in the Professional section. There is a nice long conversation about this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BT Blue thank you! I apologize for the double threads. I search before posting these things, but perhaps I’m not searching correctly.. thanks for the guidance!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, sgvump said:

BT Blue thank you! I apologize for the double threads. I search before posting these things, but perhaps I’m not searching correctly.. thanks for the guidance!

It may be inside the "new masks" thread on the Professional area.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/8/2018 at 6:21 PM, sgvump said:

Hey guy, I just noticed that Mike Estabrook uses a hard hat/helmet along with a traditional mask. It seems like a good idea as far as protection. I would probably prefer this to a hockey stule mask..Would or has anyone considered using this behind the plate?

 

 

EA07A99A-DD0B-471A-95CE-4AE0E82031D2.jpeg

D33ED45E-90A4-4D17-8055-A1BC0AF5D15A.jpeg

 I believe I would pay to see him head butt that d-bag with that shiny new helmet. Can’t stand how he treats umpires. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It looks odd, but I would never fault a guy for seeking a safer way to do this job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used this combination in summer ball a few years ago.  Never comfortable in HSM.

Just a matter of taste.  One of the catchers (15-16 yo group) even asked about if wearing the helmet forward caused any problems in mask removal.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Based on my comfort level with the traditional mask, this is probably the only way I will wear a helmet. I tried the HSM and it just doesn't work for me on so many levels.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/8/2018 at 6:50 PM, BT_Blue said:

Do a searh in the Professional section. There is a nice long conversation about this. 

Where is the post on this subject?  Date and forum location please.  I was unable to find it.

Thanks 

Lefty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Lefty said:

Where is the post on this subject?  Date and forum location please.  I was unable to find it.

Thanks 

Lefty

So I too went looking for it. I thought it was it's own thread. But I think it actually is in this thread I started at the beginning of the season.

2 hours ago, sgvump said:

For whatever reason I also have difficulty finding some topics and end up double threading.

No worries. It happens to all of us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×