Well If That Don’t Beat Al(l)...

MadMax
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2110 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Amidst all the hubbub surrounding the debut of the Champro CM83/84 Rampage die-cast Magnesium mask, there’s another mask that appeared in Champro’s catalog that is just as intriguing and likely at a great price point.

61r6siU3vEL._SX385_.jpg

https://shop.champrosports.com/p-3852-proplus-aluminum-lightweight-umpire-mask-drigear.aspx

This mask, my friends, is aluminum. It is the CM81/82, based on Champro’s CM71/72 Ultralight hollow steel mask, but this time done in aluminum, so it doesn’t bend! I know from experience of using it and supplying to my junior umpires, it has excellent sightlines, a squared chin guard with forward rake, and a broad extended crown guard. Now in aluminum, Champro really did think of everything!

Here’s the big value, though... Wilson’s DynaLite Aluminum starts at $110. The famous Diamond DFM-iX3 is at $70, but could really use the thicker, better pads of the BL (Big League) version at $90. Well fellows, this here Champro is $70. I love the idea of taking that extra $40 I just saved and getting... well, just about anything else of quality to complete my umpire gear needs.

I have this mask and really like it.  I've tried a lot of brands and normally keep at least 3 masks in my rotation, but I reach for this one the most.  Very light and offers me a very good view! 

I'm not a big fan of the large crown guard either, but it surprisingly doesn't stand out as much as you'd think.  Lots of guys in my area use these and they look fine when you're out there in B/C looking in towards home.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/8/2018 at 2:52 AM, MadMax said:

Amidst all the hubbub surrounding the debut of the Champro CM83/84 Rampage die-cast Magnesium mask, there’s another mask that appeared in Champro’s catalog that is just as intriguing and likely at a great price point.

61r6siU3vEL._SX385_.jpg

https://shop.champrosports.com/p-3852-proplus-aluminum-lightweight-umpire-mask-drigear.aspx

This mask, my friends, is aluminum. It is the CM81/82, based on Champro’s CM71/72 Ultralight hollow steel mask, but this time done in aluminum, so it doesn’t bend! I know from experience of using it and supplying to my junior umpires, it has excellent sightlines, a squared chin guard with forward rake, and a broad extended crown guard. Now in aluminum, Champro really did think of everything!

Here’s the big value, though... Wilson’s DynaLite Aluminum starts at $110. The famous Diamond DFM-iX3 is at $70, but could really use the thicker, better pads of the BL (Big League) version at $90. Well fellows, this here Champro is $70. I love the idea of taking that extra $40 I just saved and getting... well, just about anything else of quality to complete my umpire gear needs.

And it comes with that magnificent top handle so you never have to worry about dropping it! :wacko:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1