Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member
Sign in to follow this  
grayhawk

Modified Force3 Tights

A friend of mine had an extra pair of McDavid Hexpad shorts that were made for rugby players, and he gave them to me so I could incorporate the hexpads into my Force3 tights.  The pads on the rugby shorts are placed on the outside of the thighs, so they are not in a good position to absorb a straight on shot.  I took them to a seamstress and for $40 they cut the pads out of the shorts and sewed them into the tights.  The result is great protection on the inner thigh where the kevlar inserts are positioned, and good protection on the front of the thigh as well.  Here is the result:

fullsizeoutput_c20.jpeg

• Like 3

Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member

Brilliant solution, @grayhawk. Just be careful about doing too much, and giving the designers and manufacturers the solution, only to see them incorporate your ideas without giving you any acknowledgement or accreditation...

... like what happened to me and the Schutt XV.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MadMax said:

Brilliant solution, @grayhawk. Just be careful about doing too much, and giving the designers and manufacturers the solution, only to see them incorporate your ideas without giving you any acknowledgement or accreditation...

... like what happened to me and the Schutt XV.

Thanks Max.  But I don't really care about being acknowledged or getting any kind of credit.  I am much more interested in having good products available for umpires.

• Like 1

@grayhawk, that’s a great idea. 

I have been wondering what to do when my hexpad umpire shorts wear out. 

That gives me options if the pads are still in good shape. 

interesting idea.

I've never really had a problem or issue with getting hit on the thighs.  But good new design.