Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Buddy

Little League Catcher to Pitcher rules

Question

9 answers to this question

17 minutes ago, Guest Buddy said:

What's the penalty if this is an infraction ?

Take the player off the mound when discovered. Offended manager may protest if he wishes.

Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member
Guest NJ Coach

I believe this would be a league-specific rule, and in my most recent two towns there is no restriction on C >P, even though there have been restrictions the other way P>C after 40 pitches or so.

24 minutes ago, Guest NJ Coach said:

I believe this would be a league-specific rule, and in my most recent two towns there is no restriction on C >P, even though there have been restrictions the other way P>C after 40 pitches or so.

In Little League, catchers who catch four innings in one day (one pitch caught = caught for an inning) may not pitch the remainder of the day.

Other youth leagues may be doing their own thing. 

1 hour ago, stevis said:

In Little League, catchers who catch four innings in one day (one pitch caught = caught for an inning) may not pitch the remainder of the day.

Other youth leagues may be doing their own thing. 

I'm pretty sure the rule says four innings in one GAME, may not pitch the remainder of the day.

I believe the rule allows for a catcher to catch three innings in consecutive games on the same day to still pitch that day (provided he has not pitched in a previous game that day - a pitcher may not pitch in more than one game on the same day).

from the LLI website:

Note 1: A pitcher who delivers 41 or more pitches in a game cannot play the position of catcher for the remainder of that day. Note 2: Any player who has played the position of catcher in four or more innings in a game is not eligible to pitch on that calendar day.

5 hours ago, beerguy55 said:

I'm pretty sure the rule says four innings in one GAME, may not pitch the remainder of the day.

I believe the rule allows for a catcher to catch three innings in consecutive games on the same day to still pitch that day (provided he has not pitched in a previous game that day - a pitcher may not pitch in more than one game on the same day).

Yes it's game. OTOH most of us think in term of one game per day because in my experience double-headers are rare in LL. There can only be one per week in majors and they are not allowed in minors.

15 hours ago, Rich Ives said:

Yes it's game. OTOH most of us think in term of one game per day because in my experience double-headers are rare in LL. There can only be one per week in majors and they are not allowed in minors.

Did not know that.  Are there not tourneys or State Championships where you might end up with three games in a day?   I remember doing those in my teens, but they may not have been "Little League" events.

23 minutes ago, beerguy55 said:

Did not know that.  Are there not tourneys or State Championships where you might end up with three games in a day?   I remember doing those in my teens, but they may not have been "Little League" events.

No three-a-days.  Never heard of a two game day in LL majors or below in official tournament play.

Happens in non-LL events. 

14 minutes ago, Rich Ives said:

No three-a-days.  Never heard of a two game day in LL majors or below in official tournament play.

Happens in non-LL events. 

ditto

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this