MLB Ejection 046 - Angel Hernandez (1; Craig Counsell)

Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2125 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

HP Umpire Angel Hernandez ejected Brewers Manager Craig Counsell (ball four/walk call; QOCN) in the top of the 9th inning of the Diamondbacks-Brewers game. With none out and none on, D'Backs batter Jake Lamb took a 2-2 fastball from Brewers pitcher Corey Knebel for a called third ball and 3-2...

[[ This is a content summary only. Visit my website for full links, other content, and more! ]]

View the full article

On 5/23/2018 at 9:20 AM, taa71458 said:

I have no idea how Hernandez is able to see the strike zone when he's still getting into his stance by the time the pitch has made it to home plate. 

Thats a real stretch, he's basically down when the pitch is released. 

Sure I've been critical of Hernandez in past, but in this case ya the pitch is a strike, but F2 is setup on the outer half, has to reach across his body to receive the pitch, most benches expect a ball when they see that, I have no problem with the call.

3 hours ago, stkjock said:

He's taking a lot of heat on line over these pitches

I know you didn't write the content, but your link claims that this was "Hernandez at his worst."

That's terrible reporting, because this wasn't anywhere close to the worst he's ever been.

• Haha 2