Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member
BRUMP

ridiculous

In the top of the 6th the Batter-Runner was ruled out for Running Lane Interference. The HTHC came out to dispute and was warned twice for being overly demonstrative before finally being told to return to the dugout to resume play. He then responded by screaming loud enough for everyone on and around the field “You’re out of your F*#King mind.” He was then ejected. Despite his own players attempting to hold him back to end the situation the coach sidestepped them and continued following me yelling “You are a goddamn joke to the game” and “You F*#King suck” before finally leaving the after being told that terminating the game would be the next step. At the beginning of the next half inning he was again instructed by myself and my partner through the assistant coach of the team that he needed to be out of sight and sound of the field and not merely sitting in the bleachers. He then finally left while loudly and profanely ranting regarding my partner and myself.

If you wanted to make a youtube video titled "textbook example of RLI" this would've fit the bill. Kid was no closer to the line than 3 feet in fair territory the whole way and the throw drilled him in the helmet 5 feet from the bag. This guy actually brushed off his kid to continue going at me. Its always an abrupt change going from HS back to travel (daddy) ball once the HS season is over and I got a taste of it yesterday. Guess this is what its going to be like once my HS season ends this week. 

PS- Did I violate NJSIAA rules saying I have a HS game this week lol

Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member

WOW.

What is wrong with youth sports today? The "adults".

• Like 2

yeah, coach. I'm a joke. I'm do varsity High School all spring and state tourney games, but I'm not good enough for your "pay to play" BS travel league.

We're still early in the travel season, and the new crop of Daddy coaches I've seen this year seem to be worse than ever......Or my tolerance is getting lower......or both...:shrug:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Richvee said:

yeah, coach. I'm a joke. I'm do varsity High School all spring and state tourney games, but I'm not good enough for your "pay to play" BS travel league.

We're still early in the travel season, and the new crop of Daddy coaches I've seen this year seem to be worse than ever......Or my tolerance is getting lower......or both...:shrug:

Are there other games you can work besides these daddyball tournies?

2 minutes ago, grayhawk said:

I'm trying. I have the opportunity to work a few summer collegiate games next month. I hope that expands. High school development league will start up in June. Hopefully over the summer I'll get more of the higher level 18U club teams, showcases, and less of the Daddy stuff. I'm getting very close to the point where I need to start seriously thinking about taking quality over quantity.  But that can get dicey, because often it's the same guys assigning both. Saying "no" to games because you think you're above it can lead to "unwanted consequences. "

For a high school student "daddy ball" pays good money, and there's not many other jobs I'd rather have to get me through high school... But I can't say I'll be sad when I start doing some higher level stuff and get away from (some of) the ridiculous coaches. 

• Like 2

Side question... where was your partner after you ran this fine specimen? 

17 hours ago, Richvee said:

For me I think its a little bit of both. 

16 hours ago, grayhawk said:

Im fortunate to have one big tournament site that does attract very good talent in the summer and the coaches are generally pretty mellow at the 17U and 18U level because the primary goal of the tournament is exposure not competition.  Of course some lower level stuff is mixed in there but for the most part its pretty good. This wasn't there tho. This was a lower level travel league that I have slowly been getting away from for reasons like this. I still do games for that league from time to time but nowhere near what I used to. For the most part tho my weekdays are gonna consist of legion, and a NCAA summer league I got aligned with this year. 

14 hours ago, BT_Blue said:

Side question... where was your partner after you ran this fine specimen? 

Partner was right there with me attempting to rodeo clown. 

• Like 1